Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new spawning

Hi All

I was communicating with Rich Rombold (SJ Koi) a few days ago and he informed me that he used my Maruyama Kohaku (avatar fish) that I had given him for a spawning. I am very excited to see the tosai and will hopefully get the opportunity when I go down to the farm for a visit this fall. I will post some pics when I do.

Some of you may remember the story behind this fish, about it's shoulder having a deformity. The question is whether or not it is genetic or not. I'm glad he took the chance and tried, as Maruyama felt this was one of his very high quality Nisai when I purchased her.

Mike

Originally posted by koiczar View Post
    Hi All

I was communicating with Rich Rombold (SJ Koi) a few days ago and he informed me that he used my Maruyama Kohaku (avatar fish) that I had given him for a spawning. I am very excited to see the tosai and will hopefully get the opportunity when I go down to the farm for a visit this fall. I will post some pics when I do.

Some of you may remember the story behind this fish, about it's shoulder having a deformity. The question is whether or not it is genetic or not. I'm glad he took the chance and tried, as Maruyama felt this was one of his very high quality Nisai when I purchased her.

Mike
    Hi Mike, what are the other crosses he is making with you Kohak?
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori View Post
      Hi Mike, what are the other crosses he is making with you Kohak?
      Tony

I have no idea, but I would "think" that he's crossing with his own stock to be able to note the variations of quality, etc. between the various groups. Maybe Richard will see this thread and comment.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by koiczar View Post
        Tony

I have no idea, but I would "think" that he's crossing with his own stock to be able to note the variations of quality, etc. between the various groups. Maybe Richard will see this thread and comment.

Mike
        Keep us upto date Mike, maybe you can help Richard with the culling....
        The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

It will be interesting to see the comparisons.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
          Working...
          X