KOi from May 2004 spawning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOi from May 2004 spawning

These 2 young koi were a result of pairing a fair Female Tancho sanke w/ 2 nice Male Kohaku Spawned and raised in a closed system liner tank with occasional clay introduced with feedings.

KIEFER

Hi Kiefer,

You should feel very proud of you're spawning.
    The colours are very thick and the last photo looks like it has been enhanced.
    Not that I am saying it has,that is how good it looks.
    Jaco
    Jaco Vorster
    South Africa

Comment

Originally posted by jacovors
      Hi Kiefer,

You should feel very proud of you're spawning.
      The colours are very thick and the last photo looks like it has been enhanced.
      Not that I am saying it has,that is how good it looks.
      Jaco
      Hello Jaco

How are things in SA. Everybody keeps asking me if that pic has been enhanced. :} It hasnt been, The colors are just very slick on these particular koi.
      KIEFER

Comment

Hello Kiefer,
        they are very nice fish. I do believe you must be proud of your achievement, just in your first breeding season!
        I like more the first Sanke.
        Would be most interesting to know what sort of ratio of keepers to junk tosai you had, both for Kohaku and for Sanke.
        In my case, I still keep aprox. 12 Kohaku and 4 Sanke tosai. I really like 3 Kohaku and yet another 2 are also quite good. Not sure about the 4 Sanke, seem to be promising. Hope at least one or two can be good enough.
        These Tosai came from a roughly 30000 eggs spawn, 1 female Sanke X (2 male Sanke +1 metallic Sanke).
        Most of the fry were black or black with yellow or orange in the head, that color hasn't changed (still keep some of them).
        Was very surprised of the extremely low proportion of Sanke. Including the bad ones they were not more that 10 Sanke Tosai. On the opposite, didn't expect getting several dozens of Kohaku, some very nice indeed, from Sanke parents. Now I know that Sanke are difficult, much more than Kohaku.
        Got also some nice Aka Bekko and Shiro Bekko, also one Showa.
        Anyway, I'm trying again this next season with other Sanke Oyagoi.
        I enjoy rearing the fry and wacht their development, and anyway got some few tosai that are better than the ones available here in Spain.
        Best,
        Diego
        Diego Jordano
        Cordoba, Spain
        A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
        pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

Comment

Very nice red,white and black. Sanke's for me have always been the most difficult to get any kind of pattern out of!
          Dick Benbow

Comment

Problem with Sanke breeding is you seem to get a lot with hi in the front half (even only before the dorsal) and little of it on the back half.

Lots of culling before you have a good growing lot!
            Arthur

Comment

Keep us posted on their development.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
              Working...
              X