Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like rain here in Southern Cali for the Gardena show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aquitori
    replied
    Jason, I just like to see RP improve from year to year...I think the fact that RP took home Young Champion at the SFBKC Show 2 years ago and 2 years later Mature Champion at ZNA is amazing to me. Well atleast Nor-Cal has the Mature Champion this year....Erwin Mature Champ next year?

Originally posted by JasonS
    Aaaha! So that's why RP got mature champ, eh?

I tease. Although I guess it does explain the reaction I got from JR when I said 'kudos to Antonio' because the fish seem to do well at all the shows it entered for the last year... he went off on the old saw about the competition of the day and little local shows not having the same competition, etc. Feh -- like it was best in size 5 at the fall CKC show or somethin'.

Mature Champ in San Diego is great. Good for RP. Nice going.

Leave a comment:

• aquitori
    replied
    Mike, Erwin has a very good collection of koi. This guy has come along way since I first met him at a local show 2years ago. Erwin props out to you bro, keep up the good work!!!

Originally posted by MikeM
    Wow .... 35"!!! Would like to see her in person.

Erwinsan: So, you like Kohaku. That little maruten under the ripple couldn't have as nice a pattern as it seems. If it is a "her" and the quality of your others, what a pleasure you have. I am very jealous.

Leave a comment:

• JasonS
    replied
    Aaaha! So that's why RP got mature champ, eh?

I tease. Although I guess it does explain the reaction I got from JR when I said 'kudos to Antonio' because the fish seem to do well at all the shows it entered for the last year... he went off on the old saw about the competition of the day and little local shows not having the same competition, etc. Feh -- like it was best in size 5 at the fall CKC show or somethin'.

Mature Champ in San Diego is great. Good for RP. Nice going.

Leave a comment:

• aquitori
    replied
    Too bad I wasn't there to see it in person, but it would have been an honor to see something of that caliber at a US Koi Show. I think the fact that people knew that fish was coming didn't bother to show their big fish...I know that Duke was goin to show but found out that Sanke was goin to be there....

Leave a comment:

• koinut
    replied
    Wow! To have seen the best Sanke from the All Japan in such close quarters truly must have been a sight to see.

Leave a comment:

• MikeM
    replied
    Wow .... 35"!!! Would like to see her in person.

Erwinsan: So, you like Kohaku. That little maruten under the ripple couldn't have as nice a pattern as it seems. If it is a "her" and the quality of your others, what a pleasure you have. I am very jealous.

Leave a comment:

• aquitori
    replied
    It was 34" at the All Japan Show whe it won best Sanke. I think at the Gardena Show it was last year it was 35"....That Sanke was truely All Japan material.

Originally posted by koinut
    Does anyone know the measurement of the sanke from (famous sanke in Japan) last years GC? I've tried to look for it but haven't been very successful. I've heard anywhere from about 35in to around 38in or more. Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• aquitori
    replied
    E-san's tank at the show.

E-san's tank at the show . Nice Kohakus man!!! Pic was taken by JPR.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• aquitori
    replied
    Thanks again, if it wasn't for E-san, letting me house my fish in his show tank I don't think it would have brought the Kohaku down there. Many Thanks....

Leave a comment:

• Champkoi
    replied
    Congratulations on yours winning Tony and Ewrinsan.

Leave a comment:

• koinut
    replied
    Does anyone know the measurement of the sanke from (famous sanke in Japan) last years GC? I've tried to look for it but haven't been very successful. I've heard anywhere from about 35in to around 38in or more. Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• MikeM
    replied
    Well, she would know! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• aquitori
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeM
    Questions: How long was the GC? And, who was the breeder? .... The shape of the Hi on the head and the shape & placement of the leading edge slipping below the eyes reminds me of Torazo Kohaku I have seen, but the Shiro seems different in the photo.
    Nancy told me that the GC(Kohaku) was Marudo Breed and the Reserve GC(Showa) was Ogata Breed.

Leave a comment:

• erwinsan
    replied
    This one's for Dick
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• MikeM
    replied
    Well, my question was answered on another board ... she is Ogata-bred.

Leave a comment:

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
Working...
X