Anyone using Hikari "Saki" food..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Hikari "Saki" food..

Anyone using Hikari "Saki" food? This food is not out here yet in the states, but just wanted to get peoples opinions on it.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

( deleted )

Comment

Sure would like to try it! Have been a hikari user for decades. I've written the company in the U.S. literally dozens of times and inquired but have never had them even acknowledge me. I don't think that's any way to treat a loyal customer!
      Dick Benbow

Comment

Same here Dick, sure would like to know who has it for sale in the USA?

Comment

A Hikari rep tells me that it's ready to ship, and that the only thing holding them back is the packaging. Apparently the word "pro biotics" is a no no in the U.S. I'll try to call them again to find out what's the holdup. Last I heard, it should be here any week.

Comment

Hikari - Saki

Ken,
            E-mailed and told me that he will be selling it soon . Thats Eastern Nishikigoi in Westminster Ca. Check out his site

Comment

Cool if you guys could keep us posted.

Comment

i fed the high growth version last summer.

the fish sure liked it,but it's very oily so when you throw it in,there is a big oily spot on your surface,but it'll dissapear very quick.
                groeten wilco

Comment

Hi Aquitori,

I have been feeding Saki hikari for three years now and its fantastic, very little waste, fed the basic but will try the Growth this summer. I have mixed it with Dai Suki gold 50/50 as this food aint cheap but well worth it. There has been some delay about the licencing re -probotics, but I was informed last week that this has been rectified. Certainly a good product hope you get it sorted soon.

As regards to the oil, well if you soak the pellets in a little pond water just enough to cover them, dont put to much water in as when you drain it off you will loose all the goodness. and het presto no oil. And this will also aid the digestion of the pellets. As they are absorbed better into the digetive system and dont pass straight through as do unsoaked pellets.

Regards Billy Boy.
                  Kindest Regards Billy Boy.

Comment

I have been feeding Saki Hikari-Basic, Growth and Colour-for a year. Yes I agree with Wilco about the oil. Growth is fantastic. But in recent months, I and my fellow hobbyists have found that the belly tend to get too fat (pot belly?). A few kois, including one of mine, have such big stomaches, becoming like tumors, that they eventually died! Of course it might be just a co-incident.

Any how, I have cut down feeding Saki now, using only the 'growth' type. For colour, I feed Momotaro, Hikari Spirulina or Hikari Excel depending the the availability.

Comment

Just got off the phone with a rep, and they will start shipping out to distributors on June 7.

Comment

Good News!!! Something new to try...What's the retail cost on this?

Comment

apparently, the prices aren't set yet. The shipment is on the boat, and should be here within 3 weeks, then labeled and shipped to distributors.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info koinut...keep us informed!!!

Comment

I've used Hikari saki for two years now combined with DIY paste food. I too agree about the oil but it doesn't bother me.
                              I'm about to switch Momotaro feed as an alternitive. Looking forward to that.
                              B.Scott
                              Semper in excreta, sumus solum profundum variat

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X