What do you think of this Sanke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this Sanke?

This weekend I picked up this Sanke. Was wondering what others thought. I believe this Sanke is from Marudo. 2 year old...This Sanke just wanted to see how it developed, for the price was too good to pass up.
    Attached Files
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

The faded hi plus buried sumi on the head makes it risky, IMHO.

Hope the price was good.

Then again, I wouldn't mind having it in my pond. I got worse!

Comment

I wouldn't call it risky, at the price I got for, I call it a project. The pic doesn't do the fish justice, but I will post the progress of the Sanke from time to time....

Comment

With the head patterns on your koi I'm beginning to identify a certain "look" I think you like.

It's pedigree is certainly top notch and all the elements are there. Now it's up to you to see how good a koi keeper you are.

You'll have to teach me how to find bargains. All of the koi i pick tend to be on the expensive side!
        Dick Benbow

Comment

Hi Antonio,

Not quite my cup of tea, and a little 'bald'. But!... I reckon this ones as safe as houses! Nice head, body a little slim (but no problem). Skin looks ok in the pic, as does the Beni. Sashi and Kiwa look ideal. I think that this Koi is highly unlikely to disappoint you, certainly not in the next three or four years (at least). Enjoy!

Mike.
          www.yumekoi.com

Comment

Thanks all!!...This Sanke is truely my project for the coming years...Well for under $200 bucks you can't go wrong right....

Comment

I think I have seen this koi somewhere....

stan

Comment

To spare the suspense, I bought it from Champ Nishikigoi.

Comment

The asking price was more than $300 at one point.

stan

Comment

It goes back to good relationship with dealer. I have been dealing with Tom and Kevin for almost 9 years now and they know me pretty well and they know how much I know. Let's say I got the Sanke at a real good price not to pass up.

Comment

Update on the this Sanke...

I got a chance to bowl this Sanke and take a pic of it. It is 18" inches now and has improved quite a bit...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Tonio
                        It is still bald

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy M. View Post
                          Tonio
                          It is still bald
                          I know...It's okay, I am bald too...it runs in the family.

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori View Post
                            I know...It's okay, I am bald too...it runs in the family.
                            Cute!

On your fish, I like the odome section - not only the tail stop but also the thickness of the tail tube. I like the sumi on the shoulder. I like the head shape for a young fish. The hi plates all look fantastic. I wish the head had more hi, but it will be a great pond addition at that price from a very nice blood line and fun to watch grow and develop. I've bought more than my share of kohaku that went shiro muji and would love to have this sanke in my own pond. Congrats on your good deal.

Rick

Comment

'Tonio . . .

for under $200 that's a great buy -- and it's done very well in your care.
                              Don Chandler
                              Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X