Momotaro Sanke - opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momotaro Sanke - opinion please

Of these two sanke from Momotaro, I really couldnot make up my mind which one to keep. Both were born in April 2004, and both are now 44 cm in size. Honest comments are welcomed so that I can make my choice.
    Attached Files

I wish the photos were abit larger for these older eyes! After some consideration
    back and forth I like the simplistic pattern of the top photo. To be honest i can't see the beni quality good enough to make a decision.

matsunosuke bloodline is mixed now with most sanke lines and it tends to have
    more black than my tastes. Just my opinion here based on taste!
    Dick Benbow

Comment

Pics kinda small, but I would pick the Sanke on top, looks more subo sumi. I think alot more elegant. Beni looks to be down but that's okay, beni should come up over time.

Originally posted by kiky
      Of these two sanke from Momotaro, I really couldnot make up my mind which one to keep. Both were born in April 2004, and both are now 44 cm in size. Honest comments are welcomed so that I can make my choice.
      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Considering only the pattern, I prefer 2nd koi.
        Bancherd

Thai Koi-Keepers' Group

Comment

From the pics I would say if you have to let on go it would be the koi in the bottom pic. If the had the koi I would try to keep both koi as both are nice koi.
          Why cant you keep them both?

Comment

From angle of the photos, I like the body of #2 best, but prefer the pattern of #1.

Comment

Where from

In my opinion, i like the 1st sanke based on pattern only since couldn't see the body and skin quality based on the pics.

If you dont mind, where are these 2 momo sanke come from ?

P

Comment

Sorry for the small photo. I scanned them from the certificates. In my first few attempts to make the attachment, I failed because the size was too big. I have to resize several times before I was successful.

Anywhere, thanks for the response, I guess the vote is split quite evenly. But after careful consideration I think I'll keep the one on top.

Koifisfgirl - I want to reduce stocking level from the present 45 kois to maybe 25. That's why I have to let go either one.

Paulino88 - My local dealer imported these directly from Momotaro, Japan, about two months ago if I remember correctly.

Comment

inmho you made the right choice. to me the top one looks like it has a cleaner pattern and nice thick tail tube. the one on the bottom seems to have a very "long snout" and a bit unbalanced pattern.
                  good luck with the koi, it's a nice one.

Comment

Kiky, which dealer imported these kois ? You live in Jakarta ? Coz from what i understood there is no new shipments from Sunter Koi (P' Sugi) recently. Btw, i live in Jakarta (Klp Gading area) and been wanting to add momo kois to my pond hence i asked if there are new shipemnts recently. And what's the purchase price, is it w/ certificate ? Thanks in advance.

Comment

paulino88: Welcome to this board! I hope you & Kiky get into a lot of conversations about koikeeping in Indonesia. I'll be eavesdropping to learn about it. ..... What a great board, to have so many people from all around the world.

Comment

Hi Paulino88,

Sorry my memotry failed me. On second thought I think my dealer imported those around November last year. He went to Momotaro during the auction. He even met Brian and Mike Snaden who thought that he was me, as we have the same sounding name. He is KIKI of 'Samurai Koi'. We live in Bandung, And yes he still has some stock left. You can contact him directly if you like. His phone no is 022-6653360, hp 0811213180.

The price was Rp 6 jt, and yes it has certificate. He also has some Momo withoutcertificate which naturally are cheaper. Happy koi hunting!

Comment

Mike, thanks for the welcome note .. actually i've been following the forum for quite a while and learn from it a lot. Its quite amazing to learn that this hobby is admired worldwide. Hope i can contribute and share my experience in koi keeping with all of you guys.

Kiky, thanks for the info. Hmmnnn, i ve heard about Kiki Samurai before and seemed he still got quite a few batch left from last year. Perhaps nxt month i will go to bandung for dealer visit. Do you know if there will be any new shipemnt in Samurai.

Talking about sanke, i just recently acquired a sanke from local dealer bloodline is Sakai Hiroshima. It is nisai born in July 2003 w/ certificate. Will post the pic soon for the forum to comment.

Comment

KIKI of Samurai Koi in a very nice gentle man, I met him at the Auction too...Very interesting person to talk too, I thought he was filipino....

Originally posted by kiky
                            Hi Paulino88,

Sorry my memotry failed me. On second thought I think my dealer imported those around November last year. He went to Momotaro during the auction. He even met Brian and Mike Snaden who thought that he was me, as we have the same sounding name. He is KIKI of 'Samurai Koi'. We live in Bandung, And yes he still has some stock left. You can contact him directly if you like. His phone no is 022-6653360, hp 0811213180.

The price was Rp 6 jt, and yes it has certificate. He also has some Momo withoutcertificate which naturally are cheaper. Happy koi hunting!
                            The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

So it seemed that KIKI of Samurai met quite a number of people in Japan. It's good that physical distance is no barrier among us koi lover.

Paulino88: KIKY went to japan twice last month. He said that his shipment will arrive anytime, and soon. When you come down here, I hope he has a lot to offer to you to make your choice.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X