All japan champ 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All japan champ 2009

Champion is a` showa from yamatoya koi farm it won over a dainichi kohaku by 3 votes at least. Info courtesy of mike hernandez.

I need pics, pics, pics!!!!
    sigpic

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Comment

Very nice, looking at Mark Gardner's video the Showa was alot better.

Photo courtesy of Mark Gardner.
      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

uhhhh...

WOW. Do we know the size?

Thanks Mark, and thanks Tony for posting!!!

Grant

Comment

Originally posted by gcuss View Post
          uhhhh...

WOW. Do we know the size?

Thanks Mark, and thanks Tony for posting!!!

Grant
          From Mark's photo, it's 92 cm.

Comment

Looking at the video and pics...I would have had the showa as the winner and the last kohaku in second. I was not a huge fan of one of the kohaku...weird pattern, long straight second step. Just didn't find it attractive. The sanke...nice and big, but a little too flowery and splotchy for my taste. Awesome winner though!!!
            sigpic

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Comment

Looking at the video, I think the best condition Kohaku was the 3-step Nogami, the Dainichi 4-step was nice but not as clean and the flowery pattern was interesting but didnt have the youthfulness of the 3-step...

But anyone could see the Showa had the complete package to be GC, the Sanke was long but lacked the girth of the previous GC 101cm Sanke.

Hopefully Mark will update his site soon with many pics and stories.

Comment

I was doing a comparision of the Dainichi Kohakus that I have come to remember.

This first pic is by Dan Cheng of Duke Nguyen's Kohaku 90cm ABAKS GC.

This second pic is by Mark Gardner of Tipset's 4-Step Dainichi Kohaku at the 2009 AJKS.

It is interesting to see the how the body lines and bone structure mirror each other.

Comment

Thanks for the update Michael.

Comment

Congratulations to Shiraishi-san (Yamatoya) who has been a good friend of mine over the years. A true artisan and it's about time that he took the big prize!
                    Brian Sousa
                    Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

I just got of the phone with Mr. Shiraishi now...he's over the moon with this win! He kept this Showa at his own place for some 4 years before it went to Saitama to a Mr. Fujiki, who entrusted it to Maruju during the summers and then kept it in his own concrete pond this past year.
                      Brian Sousa
                      Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

My, my, my.

Three Showa GCs in so few years. The Showa is truly becoming an equal among the gosanke.

Comment

Brian-

Can you tell us more about the breeder? Where is he located? What is his first name? Size of his koi farm? What does he breed besides showa?

Thanks

Mike
                          Mike Pfeffer
                          Northern Midwest ZNA show
                          June 19 - 20, 2010
                          Season's Garden Nursery
                          Fishers, IN

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
                            My, my, my.

Three Showa GCs in so few years. The Showa is truly becoming an equal among the gosanke.
                            Beautiful fish and a nice size as well as nicely placed large sumi , may be showa because they are more difficult to produce in a balanced pattern might start getting advantage over size
                            Regards
                            Eugene

Comment

Congrats to all involved. A showa that will be remembered for a long time, I'm sure.

And thanks to Mark (as always) for bringing us timely coverage of the 2009 AJC. Well done, mate.
                              Don Chandler
                              Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X