momotaro's spring auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• momotaro's spring auction

Was looking at some of the gosanke that are being offered at Momotaro's spring tosai sale. Imagine Brian May try and be there, maybe Mike S? Sure would like to
    see some pics and comments on the koi auction.

Your thoughts on showa #9?
    Dick Benbow

Keokoi is there right now as we speak, so we should be expecting alot of pics of the Auction. So stay tuned!!!
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

good! It's an interesting event. I've never been to his place and often thought I'd like to see it in person but pictures and some dialog will due for now!
      Dick Benbow

Comment

momotaro auction

I,m in Narita and mike is still in Okayama, I will be back on friday so possible to post some pictures perhaps on saturday of the auction.

Comment

I heard they set record prices at this auction. What that means, I don't think I want to know . My picks were Showa #5, 19 and Kohaku #81, 57.

Comment

glad someone else liked #9 showa!
            Dick Benbow

Comment

No. 9 is nice but I like No. 3. No. 9 has a pretty interesting head pattern, but I would like to see this Showa after 2 years.

Comment

My picks would be Kohaku #1,3,4 and Showa #10.

Comment

Momotaro Auction

I heard that Showa #2 was the koi that set a new record for Jumbo Tosai.

Comment

Originally posted by kageno
                    I heard that Showa #2 was the koi that set a new record for Jumbo Tosai.
                    I was informed that it went for 2.8 Million Yen! All the kois offered inthe 3 varieties were swept clean. Somebody had an early Christmas in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by hwong
                      I was informed that it went for 2.8 Million Yen! All the kois offered inthe 3 varieties were swept clean. Somebody had an early Christmas in Japan.
                      WOW! So to the koi experts on our board... what commanded this high price for this particular showa?

Comment

must have started golden week a bit early!
                        Dick Benbow

Comment

I think it had to be seen in person. Perhaps having a Showa take the All-Japan GC in January has built interest in potential very large Showa?

Comment

Originally posted by hwong
                            Asian dealers drove the price up high. European and American dealers don't have the clients to pay risky dollars on something like that. To me the Showa is so-so, I am not a Showa expert by any means but each and everyone of the posted fish could beat each other out any day at any show. $29,984 USD? Kinda expensive if you ask me...Would rather gamble with Sanke and Kohaku before Showa...or more like Showa-Me-Da-Money...Someone must see something in it's future to buy it(maybe Niigata Breeder)....

Comment

The auction was sweet but my wallet was sour... The prices were high dollar but the fish were worth it very high quality Jumbo tosai. Seeing them live is no comparison to photo as always. The auction was fast and furious and fun for all. Yes Mike S was there and a good fella as well. Brian from Bito was not there. I was hoping to meet Brian but I guess I'll have to make the next one. I have photos but the last 36 hours in Japan I fell ill to a fever and it got me. So stay tuned the next few days. Maybe Simon will beat me to it good guy as well.

Joe
                              It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X