• Show
Clear All

• Short koi fry vid

Baby koi vid from this evening. Enjoy!

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/virginkoi/Picture%20008.mpg

Kiefer
    KIEFER

Just one ot two in there!

Do you spawn onto those branches/leaves, or are they in there for another reason?
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º>
    <º}}}}>< <º}}}}><

Comment

Kiefer

Looking great and will be interesting to see them grow on over the next few month.Please keep the pics and vids coming as its good to see the change.

Thanks

Gazza
      Regards

Gazza

Comment

So many little mouths! Nice video.

Comment

my back starts to ache already when i think of being bent over the culling bucket! Ouch!
          Dick Benbow

Comment

No kidding Dick. I have already purchased my economy bottle of doans back pills!
            KIEFER

Comment

Originally posted by GazKoi
              Kiefer

Looking great and will be interesting to see them grow on over the next few month.Please keep the pics and vids coming as its good to see the change.

Thanks

Gazza
              Hey Gaza

It has been awhile. Just reentered the yorkshire site on the new computer last night. Am anxious to catch up on all the builds that were going on when my computer crashed. Will see u over there.

Kiefer
              KIEFER

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM
                So many little mouths! Nice video.
                Morning Mike

Three gallons of brine shrimp a day!!!!!!! I have always felt that the first four weeks are the most crucial in a koi's development so I really pound the live squirmies to them. Will probably wait till week four or five to take them to the mud ponds. It,s a little extra work but I think it gives them a better fighting chance when released into a more uncontrolled environment.

Kiefer
                KIEFER

Comment

kiefer,

Glad you back on the WWW and will see you on YKS or Koichat or just about anywhere koi LOL

Glad to see all the fry are doing well.

Cheers

Gazza
                  Regards

Gazza

Comment

Explain, please ..."Three gallons of brine shrimp a day" Is that 3 gallons of eggs hatched per day???

I very much agree with the idea that the first several days are the most important for stuffing the fry with food. While I've not bred koi purposefully, it has been true of every sort of fish I have bred. The fry may be swimming, but until they look like miniature versions of koi, they are developing like "swimming embryos". The tough part is that they can 't hold much, but they can eat continuously.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hart
                      Just one ot two in there!

Do you spawn onto those branches/leaves, or are they in there for another reason?
                      Hey Bob

I actually put them in there after the hatch. They will hang around structure for the first three or four days so it makes it easier to feed them. After that though, they begin to get cocky and are now spread over every square inch of the tanks. Although the plam leaves are great to stimulate the females to spawn, the eggs will not stick to them at all. Surface is to slick
                      KIEFER

Comment

Explain, please ..."Three gallons of brine shrimp a day" Is that 3 gallons of eggs hatched per day???

I very much agree with the idea that the first several days are the most important for stuffing the fry with food. While I've not bred koi purposefully, it has been true of every sort of fish I have bred. The fry may be swimming, but until they look like miniature versions of koi, they are developing like "swimming embryos". The tough part is that they can 't hold much, but they can eat continuously.
                        No, I culture my artemia in 1 gallon glass jars....1 1/2 tbsp of eggs to 2 tbsp rock salt to 1 gallon tap water.
                        KIEFER

Comment

So, about 4.5 tablespoons of artemia eggs hatched per day to keep them going. That's a lot of baby brine, and a lot of work to keep the cultures going on schedule. Good job.

Comment

So, about 4.5 tablespoons of artemia eggs hatched per day to keep them going. That's a lot of baby brine, and a lot of work to keep the cultures going on schedule. Good job.
                            With out a doubt, I over produce and flood the water with artemia. As u know, they are all site hunters at this stage and those little brine shrimp really jiggle around and drive the the fry to strike out at them. Works for me!
                            KIEFER

Comment

Looking good and it looks like they are growing well to. 8 day old and you can see them well, I was thinking they would be hard to see. For a solid year I have been waiting to do a spawn and hope time is right around the corner. Keep up the good work and keep us posted and thanks for the info that you are wanting to send me as I am sure it will come in handy. I will pm you my address on the other forum.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X