New addition to the pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New addition to the pond

Recently I bought two Sakai bred koi - a 17 cm ginrin showa, and a 20 cm kohaku - from their July 2004 breeding, their last breeding of the year. What do you all think?
    Attached Files

Both koi are really nice looking koi and I really like the showa. Do you mind if I ask what you had to give for the koi and if you had to have them shipped. I really like the pattern on the showa and should improve as the koi grows, if you got a large pond that one will really be a beauty when if finishes. The Gin Rin scales are really good and have a thick shine. I hope it stays that way. Good luck with them and happy koi keeping.

Comment

Nice tosai, Kiky. So hard to say how they will turn out. You'll be having fun in any event!

Comment

I presume it's sakai of Hiroshima as opposed to Isawa?

Both look as males.

the kohaku looks like it has some potential.
        the main thing is you have a dream to watch materialize.
        Dick Benbow

Comment

I like Kohak more than Showa... but i think both have go future ahead of them...
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

I agree that they look like male kois, the coloration is VERY good for the age and size.
            Bancherd

Thai Koi-Keepers' Group

Comment

Koifishgirl, I got them from my local dealer. It's about $ 300 each.

Mike and Aquitori, yes I hope they will grow fine. One of the most enjoyable thing about koi is to watch them as they grow.

Yes Dick, it's Sakai of Hiroshima. Should they be male, which we will know in the months to come as they grow bigger, then I'll have to return them to the dealer, my pond being all female.

Bancherd, talking about colour, do you think the sumi of the showa will reduce as it grows?

Comment

Originally posted by kiky
                Bancherd, talking about colour, do you think the sumi of the showa will reduce as it grows?
                This is my guess because I do not have experience with showas from Sakai, I only have sankes and one kohaku. From the looks of the pecs, I do expect sumi to tighten up. You could have a very nicely patterned showa when the sumi near the tail finishes.

One thing I noticed about kois from sakai-hiroshima is that there are different grades. Those with certificates are VERY good(so far) , others are mixed bag.
                Bancherd

Thai Koi-Keepers' Group

Comment

Bancherd, thanks for the comment. Sorry it take me so long to get in touch again-my computer has a problem for the past 10 days. But now I am able to go on line again.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X