San Jose japanese garden massive koi death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Jose japanese garden massive koi death

news said supected to be KHV. But it took 2 weeks, hope they are wrong.

Originally posted by saratogatan View Post

dang.

I sure hope not!
    The views I have are completely representative of who I am, and may/may not be representative of clubs I may or may not be a part of.

Comment

Originally posted by saratogatan View Post
      I highly doubt KHV, since they really havent introduced fish from the last die off they had in the late 80's.

Most of the fish they bought to replace the Japanese Koi that died was all Domestic Breed from a koi breeder in Morgan Hill.

Also, the last time I was at Kelly Park the ponds had like 2-3 inches of muck at the bottom of the ponds and the people who were feeding the fish was feeding all kinds of crap.
      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Here's the link:

http://www.mercurynews.com/valley/ci...nclick_check=1
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori View Post
          http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_12245839

Comment

Reading the article they think someone donated the some unwanted fish. From my pics there were some better grade fish in there like Asagi and Sankes..

They need to get more park rangers patrolling the pond to stop people from doing whatever they want to do...I mentioned before that even gangs run through the park as a short cut.

I think the city should move the pond to a safer part of town or completely shut it down or people pay to get in like they do at the St. Louis Botanical Gardens..

Comment

Sad News !

I got a chance to visit this garden about 8 yrs. ago , a wonderful place . I think back and I also remember all the crap the koi were given to eat . Why pay 25 cents for pellets when you can bring bread , etc. from your home .
              President : GLK&GS
              Officer : NMZNA
              Certified Judge : AKJA

Comment

I have several large public ponds that we maintain here, and people all the time drop off fish into the pond. I caught one that was putting a "sick fish into the pond cause he couldnt care for it anymore". It had large ulcers on it.

Shame.

d

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                Working...
                X