Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi on a kohaku

Hi everyone,

Where Is the hi located on the skin or scale of a kohaku? Thank you for any insight into this issue.

John

The reason I asked that question is one of my kohuka loss a scale and the hi is on that scale. If based on that senorio then the hi is on the scale not on the skin.

What about doitsiu(sp?) kohaku? This is a scaleless koi but the hi is on the skin.

John

Comment

Hi location is a key component of hi quality. Higest quality Hi is from Hi color in multiple area. ie.within the upper layers of dermis tissue, on the surface of the outer skin, within the cuticle surrounding the scale, the underside and top side of the scale. This gives a strong hiban and an impression of many layers of color and an almost three dimensional effect. Weaker hi is missing from some of many of these layers.
      Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

Comment

Thanks Ray,

I am learning new things everyday.

John

Comment

Me Too - John
          Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
          Working...
          X