Opinion on this Kohaku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on this Kohaku

Please give us an opinion on this Kohaku (and don't hold back). It's a young 3 yr old Torazo that we bought in November. It's about 23" long and it is a female. This is a joint venture between myself and my sister.

Marc
    Attached Files
    NMZNA Koi & Goldfish Show and Pond Expo - Indianapolis
    June 19-21, 2009
    Season's Gardens in Fishers, IN
    www.nmzna.net

Marc, got a bigger pic of the kohak so we can see the depth of Hi and body structure?

Check your PM if you need help with that. I can resize and post it.

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

check your email...thanks
      June 19-21, 2009
      www.nmzna.net

Comment

I think we got it this time...wife's fault
        June 19-21, 2009
        www.nmzna.net

Comment

Kohak

Go Fishes Kohak

Comment

Color is nice and thick, kiwa and sashi look good as well.Need to be bulked up?
            Bancherd

Thai Koi-Keepers' Group

Comment

I think it's a beautiful Koi. I wish I had a sister that would go halves with me on a name brand Asagi! All I got was a brother who defines my effort to keep koi as digging a hole in the ground and then start throwing money into it until you fill it up!

the fish has a way to go to finish. The sashi still has quite a bit of depth to it!

keep it well.....
              Dick Benbow

Comment

I like the quality of this Kohak. Color is deep and shiro is nice. You can tell it has good skeleton. Sashi needs to be cleaned up but its only 3 years old so it has lots of time. Looks like it could use some shoulders as well. But like I said you can acheive this by good koi keeping.

Joe

Comment

Conformation is good if we start at the head first, the head is nice and wide. The shoulders need some work, but I think they will come up during the summer growing. The tail joint is a bit weak too, but should thicken up with feeding. Shiroji is nice from nose to tail, very silky white. Beni looks thick . Sashi no problem, one or two scales deep in some places is good but should clean up when the fish gets bigger. Pattern is very nice and balance, some people might say the odome is short but the way the pattern breaks up into smaller pieces makes it interesting.

Your Kohak looks to be male from my eyes, but I could be wrong. I like the Kohak, with good feeding it has alot of future behind it. Nice buy!!!!
                  The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
                    I like the Kohak, with good feeding it has alot of future behind it.
                    Surely it's future is in front of it???

Comment

My mistake, I think faster than I type....Correction: It has a bright future ahead of it.
                      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Here's our Kohaku just recently pulled from the mud pond at Ray Abell's. Now she's 26" (grew 10 cm since last year).

What are your opinions now on her?
                        Attached Files

Lori

Comment

Good quality hi and shiro. Pattern wise the anterior pattern's strong composition elements, do not resemble or go with spotty posterior tendancy of this kohaku in my opinion.

Comment

Quite an improvement. All of her best points have enhanced in the pond.

Comment

Lori & Marc . . .

thank you for posting a follow-up photo -- especially since so few posters bother to do so. It's beneficial to all of us to be able to track a lovely koi's development over a year's time. Don
                              Don Chandler
                              Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X