Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9th Annual China Koi Show

Hi Folks,

Just returned from Guangzhou, China yesterday from my visit to the 9th Annual China Koi Show. Weather was miserable and very wet, but we managed to have a good time anyway.

The GC was a Momotaro sanke and I hope to have up some photos later.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Sorry it took so long, but here is a photo of the GC - A Momotaro Sanke of which I'm unsure of the size.

The other photo was taking during judging and Omosako, Dainichi and Marudo can be seen at center. Notice the TV camera on the crane overhead. Seems that the local province and the government there are pulling out all stops to promote the koi industry within China.
    Attached Files
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Wow look at that mob! Guess those guys are superstars there .
      Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

I hope for more photos , The Sanke is very nice .

Brian Thanks for covering material about our Hobby we would never see here in the States if it wasn't for Bito .
        President : GLK&GS
        Officer : NMZNA
        Certified Judge : AKJA

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          Sorry it took so long, but here is a photo of the GC - A Momotaro Sanke of which I'm unsure of the size.

The other photo was taking during judging and Omosako, Dainichi and Marudo can be seen at center. Notice the TV camera on the crane overhead. Seems that the local province and the government there are pulling out all stops to promote the koi industry within China.
          Thanks for sharing Brian. From the picture, seems like koi hobbyists there were very excited about the koi show. Koi hobby in China is growing big and will be playing a major role in near future. Wish to attend their koi show soon.

--Dinh

Comment

Nice Sanke....
            The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Have a video of the judging uploading to YouTube at the moment, but here are some more photos for the meantime.
              Attached Files
              Brian Sousa
              Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

As promised, some video from the judging of the grand champion of the China koi show.
                Brian Sousa
                Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

I'm not certain of what the video shows... looks like voting ballots being held up high to be seen? In any event, the crowd is certainly interested in the count. Having the tank rolled to the judging spot is like boxers entering the ring. It reminds me of the judging in Brazil, where the smaller koi are brought in their tubs to a judging table by their owners.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X