X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photos of greenhouse pond

just built this, 2500 - 3000 gallons, I raise and breed as a hobby

removed links to photos with adverts on them
    Last edited by jnorth; 01-02-2010, 04:07 PM.

It sure looks chilly where you are. (Of course, it is getting into the upper 30sF here tonight, so cold enough here, too!)

Others experienced in keeping koi in cold winter areas can comment more knowledgeably. I like the look of the 'roof' you have put on the pond and the ease with which it can be opened. It should help moderate water temperatures. It seems to me that some sort of insulation around the filters would be good, but I'm not sure what would work well and hold up to the elements until Spring. There is always bubble wrap and duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
      It sure looks chilly where you are. (Of course, it is getting into the upper 30sF here tonight, so cold enough here, too!)

Others experienced in keeping koi in cold winter areas can comment more knowledgeably. I like the look of the 'roof' you have put on the pond and the ease with which it can be opened. It should help moderate water temperatures. It seems to me that some sort of insulation around the filters would be good, but I'm not sure what would work well and hold up to the elements until Spring. There is always bubble wrap and duct tape.
      It was 39 this morning, I am in high desert the water is 40, the insulation in a good Idea that I was thinking about, you can see my other ponds as well on my site removed advert
      Last edited by jnorth; 01-02-2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I sent you a nice pm about not advertising....I meant it. Next time will you'll be banned.
        Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
        Working...
        X