Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pond Prime

Hi everyone,

Anyone uses pond prime for water change. Do you like the product? Thank you for your opinions.

John

Originally posted by jjkon
    Hi everyone,

Anyone uses pond prime for water change. Do you like the product? Thank you for your opinions.

John
    I have used "pond prime", it's a pretty good product but I switched to "ultimate". I switched because I liked the way the water looked after water changes, when using "pond prime" I tend to get alot of bubbles from it....
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Thanks Aquitori for the information.

John

Comment

I have tried it before, never noticed bubbles. Chlor-Am-X came on the market since then, it is the most affordable amonnia binder if you need one.

Comment

Thanks Ryan for the information. A lot of koi keeper use Chlor Am X.

John

Comment

Are you looking to have something on had for ammonia emergencies or are you treating chlormines?

Comment

Ryan - It is for regular water change. My tap water contains chloride, chlormines and ammonia.

John

Comment

I have chlorimines also, if you have a the biofiltration for it, you can use sodium thiosulfate (dirt cheap) to break the bond, treat the chlorine part. Ammonia is released but biofiltration should be able to take care of that. At least in pond with my filtration it does for water changes of 20% or less.

Comment

I've used Pond Prime for a half dozen years. I also started using Sodium thiosulfate. My pond is new this Spring so I've been using both but once the Nitrite goes to zero, I will keep the Prime on hand and use just the ST.

Mike Pfeffer
                  Mike Pfeffer
                  Northern Midwest ZNA show
                  June 19 - 20, 2010
                  Season's Garden Nursery
                  Fishers, IN

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X