Omosako Grow, who still has theirs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omosako Grow, who still has theirs?

it has been another year, who still has their shiro grow out?
    here is mine, I snapped a in pond picture tonight
    can we plan an update when everyone up north thaws and we can bowl and measure again?
    Attached Files

I still have mine.

I was going to do a update in another month or so when things warm up. I know there's a few people that want to see how #60 is progressing. It's stayed small (in my eyes) but the sumi is starting to come up.
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Comment

shiro #47 died shortly after the competition was completed. won most growth.

shiros #30 and 67 both were males and were rehomed this past july.

it was fun watching them for the year though.

hopefully we'll get another growout going this year.

Comment

Meg
        is that a female?
        I think it is going to be tategoi for some time to come!
        AND A BEAUTIFUL PATTERN!

Comment

Originally posted by luke frisbee View Post
          Meg
          is that a female?
          I think it is going to be tategoi for some time to come!
          AND A BEAUTIFUL PATTERN!
          well imagine that

she(could be) has some sumi still hidding in her face, if it ever gets here it will balance her out.
          I have always liked the sash of shiro across the shoulders.
          she has a nice frame

Comment

Originally posted by woodyaht View Post
            I still have mine.

I was going to do a update in another month or so when things warm up. I know there's a few people that want to see how #60 is progressing. It's stayed small (in my eyes) but the sumi is starting to come up.
            will someone pick a date and we can put them all on the same thread?
            I am really interested in what the others' sumi is doing and it would be great to have them all together

Comment

I still have ones #57 it about 18in now Sumi start come up.
              Attached Files

Comment

I stilll have mine, well one of the 2....I'll see if I can take a pic of it when the weather gets a bit better.
                The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Assuming that Global Warming stops the cool weather in its tracks someday I'm planning on snapping some pix. Growth slowed a lot on 51 last year but still looking pretty much the same pattern-wise as the last pix. I doubt the face pattern will pull back any until the water warms a good bit more than it is now. Maybe we should shoot for June to give us all time to get warmed up and running.
                  Larry Iles
                  Oklahoma

Comment

I still have all of mine. Two are still ugly and yellow, but the winning fish is gorgeous. Not much growth though.

Comment

we still have ours also, I think # 136. This is last fall and it was 19"/48 cm.
                      Attached Files
                      Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

Gee Bob, ours are about as close to twins as they could get. The face on 51 is a touch heavier, but that's pretty much the only diff. Looks like living in the "great indoors" is treating her sumi just fine
                        Larry Iles
                        Oklahoma

Comment

I still have all 5 of mine. Most are in the 18-20" range. Some have brilliant white but my first pick still has a lot of yellow. She is definitely female so I'm waiting it out.

I'll be moving them in the next month so I'll take pics then.
                          The views expressed above are my own personal views and, as such, do not necessarily reflect the views of the AKCA or the KHA program.
                          SANDY

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                            Gee Bob, ours are about as close to twins as they could get. The face on 51 is a touch heavier, but that's pretty much the only diff. Looks like living in the "great indoors" is treating her sumi just fine
                            Yep, sounds like it for sure... The whites are very nice on this group... would love to get to Omosako someday and see his 2 and older tategoi and adults.... Was hoping for this year, but it looks like a unlikely possibility at this time.

Ours is a little piggy, but I wondered about the growth rate ie the length...Shape is plenty full. Sounds like many other growouts are in that same range ....well, maybe not Bill's.... Still being patient with the growth of this one for a bit longer, although it is among the smaller ones in the pond..
                            Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Winkler View Post
                              Yep, sounds like it for sure... The whites are very nice on this group... would love to get to Omosako someday and see his 2 and older tategoi and adults.... Was hoping for this year, but it looks like a unlikely possibility at this time.

Ours is a little piggy, but I wondered about the growth rate ie the length...Shape is plenty full. Sounds like many other growouts are in that same range ....well, maybe not Bill's.... Still being patient with the growth of this one for a bit longer, although it is among the smaller ones in the pond..
                              Hey Bob - how about some updates on your pond? How are things working? Some new pics?

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X