X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mud pond vid 5/30/05

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/virginkoi/Picture%20005.mpg
    KIEFER

looks like you are going to have your hands full. They look like they are growing good to,maybe they are a least 3 inches or better.

Comment

Hey Judy

1 to four inches......The sizes are all over the board. Just cant get these kind of results at home. Its all in the mud I guess. How has everything been going?
      Been out of touch for a while.
      KIEFER

Comment

Hi Kiefer,
        nice video. My home adsl conection is doing pretty bad. Today I managed to wacht your clip.
        Up to 4 inches in lenght? That's amazing! How big is that pond? What is de diet and feeding regime of the fry?
        Diego
        Diego Jordano
        Cordoba, Spain
        A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
        pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

Comment

Awsome. Bowl a few of those babys up for some close-ups

Mud, I need some mud....

Comment

Hola Diego

Am not sure of the dimensions but it is apprx 7 feet deep. Here is a photo that might give u a better idea of the size. Feeding three times a day with a high prtein mini pellet and large quantities of brine shrimp flaked food which I buy from the local tropical fish coop.

KIEFER

Comment

Hi trying to get my ponds ready like these you have posted. Been a few set backs but will soon get everything worked out I hope.

Yep you cant beat growth rates in a mud pond, there are just plenty of live food for them in the water and I dont care what we do in a lined pond we just can get whats grows in mud ponds in the lined ones. The only thing I like about a lined pond for these guys are they way you tame so many of them at one time. I got to hand it to you, you do a very good job of taming the beast.

Have a great time culling these koi, and watching them grow.

Comment

Hi Kiefer,

Great update as always.
                I am really getting very frustrated now it being Winter here and I have to wait another 5 months before I get another shot at breeding again.
                At least it helps when I get to see what you guys are doing now.
                Thanks for the clip,
                Jaco
                Jaco Vorster
                South Africa

Comment

Funny u should say that Jaco. I get my fry fix during off season by looking at your and Diegos spawns. Whatever works right!!!!!!!
                  KIEFER

Comment

You must be very excited to raise the fry in a mud pond this season and I believe the size they are now and what they would have been if raised in a concrete pond must be significant.

Jaco
                    Jaco Vorster
                    South Africa

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                    Working...
                    X