Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch of our New Online Koi Auction Site

Folks,

I'm pleased to announce that all systems are go for our planned launch of our new online koi auction site this upcoming Friday June 3rd. While we understand that there are already a number of online auctions in operation, ours will offer a something rather unique to the end-user in that our auctions are placed by numerous koi dealers from around the world, in your local currency.

We have a roster of 5 dealers so far who will participate as founding members of the auction site, from the USA and UK. We hope that you are excited at the prospects that our new site has to offer and will have more details for you soon.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Sounds great Brian! Looking forward to seeing it all unfold.
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

Sounds interesting...will be watching for it.

Comment

Sounds interesting....instead of E-Bay it will be Koi-Bay...
        The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

just so they sell something blueee, like Asagi or Shusui!

PLUS they all must know how to spell Hosokai.

I'm thinking the dealers will include Arthur & Tom, from the USA
          and
          Mike from the UK.

I love it when KB offers another new wrinkle!
          Dick Benbow

Comment

Great! So koi will be auctioned and shipped from different sites around the world through this centralized location?
            Bancherd

Thai Koi-Keepers' Group

Comment

Great .... except I fear it may prove too tempting!

Comment

MikeM is in trouble! He has a pond to fill up. This is a great Idea I cannot wait until it unfolds!
                It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

poor mike! Builds a new pond and we fill it up for him! So Mike do you have the Showa bug worked out of you yet and are you ready to move on? How really close are you to filling your pond's capability up?
                  Dick Benbow

Comment

Well, Dick, one of the things you taught me quite some time back is that a pond's capacity is relative to one's goals.

Right now there are 15 koi, of which 4 are/were tosai. So, it is about 830 gallons per fish, or could look at it as 1,000 gals per older koi, but with 400 gal per tosai. Anyway, I'm not looking for anything more to add. Until the pond settles into a rhythm, gets a healthy green algae on the walls, etc., I don't think any more should go in. I kinda feel I'm pushing it a bit right now. The break-in has been seamless so far, but we are many months away from having any "depth" to the bio-mass, and probably a full year until a mature stage algae growth colonizes the pond. (Besides, there are still valves I have to figure out!)

There is something peculiar about having a larger pond .... the koi swim much more boldly. As a result, they seem to "fill" more space. I've had 15 or so koi in my old pond without it appearing crowded to my eye. The 15 in my new pond look about right. If they all grow, I think it may start looking crowded. The notion of just a few koi in a large pond seemed a bit eccentric, but I am beginning to understand the idea.

Comment

More details on the online koi auction

More details on the Koi-Bito Online Auction

Folks,

We will release the URL to the public roughly around noon EST (GMT -5:00) for our new online koi auction system. Below is a list of features that you as buyers will be able to utilize.

Buyer Features:

How To Bid

If you have selected an item you would like to place a bid on, you can do so quickly and easily by following these steps:

(1) Login to your account. If you have not registered you can do so within 5 minutes.
                      (2) Visit the auction page.
                      (3) Towards the bottom of the auction
                      description page you will see a "bidding box", you can use the shortcut link to the bidding box if you wish.
                      (4) Enter in your bid, note you must bid above the minimum bid required.
                      (5) Click on the "make bid" button.
                      (6) You will then be asked to confirm you bid. Once you have done so, your bid will be entered and, if successful, you will receive a confirmation. If your bid fails to outbid the current high bidder, you will be offered the option to place a higher bid.

Proxy bidding can aid your chances of winning an auction and help avoid you being outbid at the last minute. To place a proxy bid, enter in the maximum price you are willing to pay for the item. If another user places a bid on the same auction, automatic bids will be placed on your behalf in accordance with your maximum bid amount. With proxy bidding you will pay the lowest possible price until someone else places a higher bid.

"Buy It Now" Auctions

"Buy It Now" prices are set by the seller. If you agree with that price, you can click on the "Buy Now" button which is displayed on the auction details page. After clicking on the button, you will be re-directed to a confirmation page.

On a standard auction, that auction will end instantly as the item has been sold via "Buy It Now". On a Dutch auction, you can enter the amount of items you wish to buy (depending the quantity available). If you purchase less than there are available in total, the auction will remain open with the number of items left available after you have purchased the amount you want.

Registering

Registration is simple and only takes a matter minutes. To start the signup process, click on the "register" link at the top or bottom of this page. Only users with the age over 18 years are able to register.

The next step is to fill in all your information, failure to supply all the required information will result in an error.

Your account will be activated instantly, if there is no signup fee, or once the payment has been confirmed by the payment gateway.

Members Area

Once you have successfully logged in using the login forms from the main page or from the login page (click on the "login" button from the page header), you will be redirected to the members area page. This page is divided into several tabs:

a. My Active Auctions (note: you will not be able to place auctions unless you're an approved dealer)
                      b. Auction Filters
                      c. My Expired Auctions (note: you will not be able to place auctions unless you're an approved dealer)
                      d. My Info
                      e. Messaging
                      f. My Favorites
                      g. Feedback
                      h. Current Bids

Dutch Auctions

On a Dutch Auction, the auctioneer has more items of the same product for sale. The bidder will enter a maximum bid he is willing to pay for an item, and the number of items he wants to purchase. The highest bidder(s) will receive the number of items they have bid on, and the remaining bidders will receive the number of items still available. Buyers are able to bid more than once for the same item.

Feedback System

Once a sale has been processed, both the seller and the buyer will be able to leave feedbacks for each other. The feedback rating is from one point to five points, and a feedback comment can also be left. The feedback can be left from the "Feedback" tab from the Members Area. The feedback can only be left once, and it cannot be edited afterwards.

The site admin will reserve its right to delete malicious or untrue feedbacks.

Item Watching

The item watch features lets you keep a close eye on any auction without having to place a bid on it. This feature means you can be kept up to date on how an auction is doing and prepares you to place a winning last minute bid. You can watch any auction by clicking on the "add item to favorites" link on any auction page.

Auction Filters

The auction watch features notifies you of newly listed auctions which contain "keywords" you have chosen. For example, if you are looking for a "website template", you could enter in those keywords from within your members area. Each time a new auction is listed containing the term "website template", you will be notified via this website. You can enter in as many keywords as you like.
                      Brian Sousa
                      Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Wow Brian! Sounds some set-up, very impressive.
                        Koi Bay or e-bito? that's the next question! LOL!
                        Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                          Wow Brian! Sounds some set-up, very impressive.
                          Koi Bay or e-bito? that's the next question! LOL!
                          Cheers Andrew,

You can call it what you like, but I'll be releasing the name and URL in about another 3 hours!
                          Brian Sousa
                          Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

O.K., Brian. The suspense is is becoming too much. Hurry up with the kinks. I really want to see what you are doing ....

I will not bid. I will not bid. I will not bid. I will not ......

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM
                              Hurry up with the kinks. I really want to see what you are doing ....
                              Freudian slip?

LINKS, man, LINKS!

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X