Kohaku Judging excercise part 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohaku Judging excercise part 2.

Here's another Kohaku judging excercise and I know some are tired of me posting just Kohaku, but I will do Showa later. In this excercise I want people to rank the fish. "Best in Variety" then 1st, 2nd and 3rd. "Best in Variety" is the best of the best in this Kohaku batch. I will post the results later.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

D this one looks like its already won something (very imposing)
    B almost equal to A
    A
    C

Comment

D, C, B, A ..... but this is based on these photos. Have you been playing around with D's photo? I know the original photo showed a very yellow head on her that is not coming across in this posting!

Comment

D I've see this kohak before...

B

A

C I hate photoshop...
        It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

B-because I really like it!
          D-because its probably the best one here.
          A-a great body.
          C-very pretty!
          Koi-Unit
          " Da Best" Chapter
          xxx

Comment

What Mike said.

Comment

d

b
              a
              c...............
              Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
                Here's another Kohaku judging excercise and I know some are tired of me posting just Kohaku, but I will do Showa later. In this excercise I want people to rank the fish. "Best in Variety" then 1st, 2nd and 3rd. "Best in Variety" is the best of the best in this Kohaku batch. I will post the results later.
                I like D for best in Variety. The body alone merits it for today. In the future the body tells me it will be short and thick. But if we were to dig deeper each Kohak has a flaw. On this Kohak the sashi is the flaw. The pattern sucks the viewer in and that's one of the interesting points.

1st place B. I like the body too, but the flaw on this Kohak is the dept of beni. But, if I were to pick a Kohak for the future I would pick this one just on the body lines alone. This fish will be alot bigger in length than D, but for now D beats it out. The beni will thicken up in the future so no problem there.

2nd place A. I like the depth of the beni, but the shiroji(white ground) needs to clean up on the face and if it had a shorter odome it would be alot nicer.

3rd place C. I like the flowery pattern but due to over enhanced photo it's hard to tell so I place this Kohak last.

Comment

tony, Is B on sale with champkoi ?

I have seen most of them, I think D is very different in the pond than in photo.

stan

Comment

D, C B A for me although there looks like some photoshopping has gone on with photo B

Comment

Originally posted by saratogatan
                      tony, Is B on sale with champkoi ?

I have seen most of them, I think D is very different in the pond than in photo.

stan

Probably, you have to talk to Tom to see if it is on sale.

Comment

D, C, A, B

Comment

Originally posted by keokoi
                          D I've see this kohak before...

B

A

C I hate photoshop...
                          Joe, your fish in your avatar has better comformation than some of the Kohaks in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
                            Joe, your fish in your avatar has better comformation than some of the Kohaks in this thread.

She is my best! She always has good luster and sheen! I dunno but I dont feed her that much either.. If their was a perfect koi its her...

LOL
                            It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

Originally posted by keokoi
                              She is my best! She always has good luster and sheen! I dunno but I dont feed her that much either.. If their was a perfect koi its her...

LOL
                              Damn, a low maintence koi.... I like the thick Jimbei sumi on her and the thick tail joint...You must have raised her in water close to Niigata.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X