Clear All

• is she any good

hi all

is this any good she is 26.5" matsunosuke 5 years old
    http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums...atsunosuke.jpg

comments good or bad
    regards
    lee

Impressive body. Typical new Matsunosunke body and beni is the same. I like it, not boring at all. From what breeder did this Kohak come from?
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

for her age and size she is not all that big. Toshio has magoi blooded kohaku that are closer to 30 inches at that age. To me it doesn't look like the patterns I'm used to seeing on Toshio's stuff
      Dick Benbow

Comment

Originally posted by dick benbow
        for her age and size she is not all that big. Toshio has magoi blooded kohaku that are closer to 30 inches at that age. To me it doesn't look like the patterns I'm used to seeing on Toshio's stuff
        Dick is right on the pattern point. Toshio Kohaks usually have heavier step pattern...This looks more on the Momotaro side of weird pattern.

My question to Lee is when did he buy this Kohak? What size is the pond this kohak is raised in?

Comment

I think it is very nice. I also think it is a Torazo.

Comment

Vimes: I'd like to see a different picture from a different angle. The first impression was very positive, but as I looked at the photo she began looking a little narrow at the gills and shoulder, rather too wide at her mid-point, and undersized pectorals. The pattern seems very attractive from this perspective, but if viewed head-on, is the gap between steps too great? But all these features could be the distortion effect of the angle of the shot.

I would not have thought she was Matsunosuke. Body shape and tone of Hi are not what I would expect. Genes can combine in unexpected ways. Still, there is a mental image of what Matsunosuke represents and she does not match it. (That is not a criticism of her.)

Comment

cheers guys

i to was concerned about the fact it was matsunoskue she was rasied in a pond of 6000g so growth would have been slowed but i thought the price tag of £300 ($170) wasent to bad she came from a privete collector who is giving up the hobby but what did impress me was the white and she has an imposing shape so i weighed up the pros and cons and thought that at a dealers she would have cost 4 or 5 times that price
              keep the comments coming and do you think it was a fair price
              regards
              lee

Comment

The shape of the Hi on the head screams Matsunosuke but the rest of the fish doesnt.

You say £300 ($170) but £300 is closer to $600. Did you mean £170 ($300)?

Comment

cheers m8 thats what i ment £300 $600

regards
                  lee

Comment

hi

would you say she could be a saki hiroshima as he had a couple of these for sale and may have got muddled up
                    regards
                    lee

Comment

hi all

spoke to the guy i got her from and he is 100% sure that she is matsunosuke as he brought her from the nisikigoi centre in kent and thats what thay told him
                      regards
                      lee

Comment

Originally posted by vimes
                        hi all

spoke to the guy i got her from and he is 100% sure that she is matsunosuke as he brought her from the nisikigoi centre in kent and thats what thay told him
                        regards
                        lee
                        Who's the breeder? Shintaro, Yamamatsu or Sakai Isawa.

Comment

mmmm dont know which do you think

regards
                          lee

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                          Working...
                          X