Judging Sanke...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging Sanke...

Here you guys go. With most of the breeders in Japan using Matsunosuke Bloodline, 2 of these Sanke really show that trait of Matsunosuke body...Rank them 1st, 2nd and 3rd...
    Attached Files
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

A
    C
    B

How am I doing Keo?
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Comment

Today I'd say A, C then B

But for the future, I'd say C, A and then B

Comment

A , C , B
        Jaco Vorster
        South Africa

Comment

Sanke judging.

Three Sankes are just as IMPRESSIVE dude!

Ranking: All Shiroji clean perfect!

(B): Young Snake with great potential. Tategoi. Superb torpedo shape. Round attractive fins.

(A): Oldest Sanke amongst with superb colouration maintained. Chubby cheeks!

(C): Superb white shiro areas! Balanced well spread of sumi markings.
          Last edited by BabyKoi; 06-03-2005, 04:32 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

1st A

2nd C

3rd B

Regards

Chris

Comment

Are we "judging" these photos, or what we see these koi will become? Or, is there a point where it is not realistic to expect somebody to not to include their future in the judgment?

I think A and C are the ones I'd want, but do these photos show them in finished, show-ready condition? The Hi on B is very even.

Nice test!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM
                Are we "judging" these photos, or what we see these koi will become? Or, is there a point where it is not realistic to expect somebody to not to include their future in the judgment?

I think A and C are the ones I'd want, but do these photos show them in finished, show-ready condition? The Hi on B is very even.

Nice test!!
                MikeM, we should judge these koi like it is a show. What the koi look now and at their present time if they were to go head to head at a show...But you are more than welcome to pick which one you would want to fill your pond up..

Comment

A, C, and then B

A has the body and Hi, while C looks to have (maybe) a little weak spot in the Hi near the shoulder. Otherwise, the order might be reversed.
                  C has a wierd shaped head. At least in the picture..

A for our pond please. Enjoyed this one.
                  Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

A-very imposing
                    C-nice Tategoi
                    B-a little skinny in the head, but nice
                    Koi-Unit
                    " Da Best" Chapter
                    xxx

Comment

A I have seen this sanke in person

C Have not seen it in person yet! LOL

B I have seen this in person as well

D my avatar too stubby LOL

Joe
                      It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

Akinosan- Still need to special order your shirt...But I think the crew should be happy with the new shirts I am goin to order.

Well back to the Sanke judging.

A 1st. I like the body and the fact that it is "Momotaro" says it will fill out in time, but for now the body is enough to get it by in this judging excercise. The pattern is pleasing enough and the nice blocky sumi is elegant. Shiroji is clean with no staining on the head which is good.

C 2nd. This koi is "Shintaro". Like Sanke A the body will fill out in time but for now it is about even with Sanke A. Shiroji, be it that both the Sankes are from the same bloodline, Sanke B looks a bit more stressed so, that is a fault for this excercise. Which drops this Sanke to 2nd instead of first. I think the pattern alone would merit this koi to be first but if the Shiroji isn't clean enough the pattern wont standout. Sumi is even throughout this group of Sankes so no problems.

B 3rd. This koi is "Ogawa". Unlike the first 2 Sankes, this koi doesn't stand a chance with it's conformation the way it is. The tail joint isn't thick enough to make this Sanke's conformation strong. If we were to look at the other 2 the impression we get is strength just by the conformation we see. The other issue with this Sanke is the head, even though the fish is at some what of an angle the nose looks pinched to me. If we look at the other 2 they have wide noses. Okay enough of the conformation. Pattern is about even with "A", but the conformation being the way it is it doesn't frame the pattern too well. Skin is even with "C" being that it looks stress. In the future just by the name of the breeder it should be alot better than the first 2 Sankes...

So for today, A is the best. For the future B would be better. C is anyones guess...

Comment

C, A, B is my vote

Comment

b-c-a. A is typical matsunosuke. b has nice body and is more show ready. C has a way to go but looks like it will get there. after having lots of #1 fish of this bloodline for over 10 years, the hardest thing for me was to get any body shape.
                            Dick Benbow

Comment

Results

These are the rankings:

Sanke A: 16 points 1st Place Momotaro
                              Sanke C: 24 points 2nd Place Shintaro
                              Sanke B: 32 points 3rd Place Ogawa

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X