Ochiba's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ochiba's

Since I have been reading on this board I have not seen to many if any ochiba's posted. I was wondering if this was because no one has them in their ponds. For some reason ochiba's do something for me. It's almost like Dick and his love for asagi's. Any chance of you guy's posting a few pictures of your ochiba's?

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Here is one of mine.....interesting side note...took the ZNA Award at the Portland Show in 2002 or 2003 (can't remember) for best kawarimomo in the show. Quite a feat as it was only 12 inches then.
    Attached Files

Comment

Another one I have high hopes for. Only 6 inches (1st photo last May) and everyone passed on it last it as it was very faded. It had already improved in the second photo( last August). I figured it was either going to fade completely or darken up. Well it darkened up nicely and can't wait to see it at 20 inches or so. Now about 9 inches (second photo)...May of this year
      Attached Files

Comment

Last one...technically an ochiba, but I like to call it a tancho chagoi. Just attracted to it's look. If I have to own a chagoi, why not an interesting and unique one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Can appreciate your love of the "fallen leaves". I've bred them two years running
          and have gotten so-so individuals at best. most difficult to get a nice stepped pattern that sticks. they change so much. or just drop the pattern off altogether.

nicest one I ever saw was one with a pale light blue background, grey net pattern and rusty red dappled fawn pattern. Incredible!

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures
          Dick Benbow

Comment

I want one for my pond. I do like them. Trouble is I seldom like any of the ones I see. Your #1 ochiba is quite a keeper Dan! Love it!

B.Scott
            Semper in excreta, sumus solum profundum variat

Comment

Dan thanks for the pictures of your. It sure is nice to see others. Right now I have three of them in my pond. One a lot of people seem to like a lot. We had Mr. Kodama over when he was in the States and he loved the one. I will try to get some pictures soon of them.

Tom

Comment

Here's two of the three ochiba's I have.

Comment

The other one.

Comment

Tom...both very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Tom: The first one is quite special.

Comment

Tom, I really like your first ochiba. I bought one with similar color, it was brick-red. Unfortunately, the color changes frequently; my is quite dark now. I also found that gaps in pattern tend to become either smaller or totally filled in.
                        Bancherd

Thai Koi-Keepers' Group

Comment

I have a small koi that has the yellow and silver color and was wondering if it is a ochiba It does not have as much pattern as your does.

Comment

save for the fawn pattern, your first pic was just like the one i saw and loved!
                            You certtainly have some pretty ones!
                            Dick Benbow

Comment

Hi Tom,

First is one of the big girls in the pond, bought small four years ago and is about 78cm now.
                              Second is a Doitsu male I sold this year.
                              Sorry for the picture quality.
                              Attached Files
                              Jaco Vorster
                              South Africa

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X