Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any breeders please post an update !!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any breeders please post an update !!!!!!!!!

Kiefer how about an update.

Or anyone breeding now for that matter.
    Jaco Vorster
    South Africa

New season,...

Hi Jaco,

I haven't had an opportunity to take many stills this Spring season, here are a few though.

A bowl of 3 day old fry. My numbers this season have been wonderful,... there's no reality like Fall harvest though to determine how the season went,... and that's many months away.

Best Wishes,
    Brady Brandwood

Comment

Sumi,...

This tosai Shiro Utsuri is a by-product of the line I label my "New Age Showa" - it's produced from All-American parents.

Notice the type, size, and placement of the sumi,... as well as the exact edging. My goal is to produce a more refined and sharp Showa. This pic shows the characteristics of the progressive sumi.

Best Wishes,
      Brady Brandwood

Comment

I just had a battle with costia in my Japanese koi fry pond. Lost about 500 (out of 10,000). PP'd it. Watching them very close now. Not sure where the costia came from, but i'm guessing frogs. Fry are now 40 days old.

Saw my first Tobi. A chagoi. About a 1/4 inch bigger than the rest. I can't wait until these guys are another month older. The colors are really starting to come out.

Pec fins are slowly starting to turn downward as they swim and look more like real koi.

Comment

Making the grade,...

A 1 year old Kohaku that made it past my grading system to warrant some space to be grown for the Summer. It's 8" or 20 cm, which is good for this one - the patterning is more suitable for a Kohaku that finishes out as a 24" to 26" adult.

Best Wishes,
          Brady Brandwood

Comment

Siblings,...

A pair of sibling tosai, from All-American parentage. Those who enjoy studying lineages and bloodline characteristics may be able to trace the path from Japan.

Best Wishes,
            Brady Brandwood

Comment

Great stuff guys i was lucky enough to go and see Maurice Cox and his koi farm on the weekend.Well what a set up it is you don't realize how big it is until you step in and see all the mud and fry ponds.

I have placed a couple of pictures for you and i am sure he will pop up soon as i know he has been so busy the weekend entertaining us .

Maurice once again thank you very much.

http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums...l_IMG_1620.JPG

http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums...l_IMG_1626.JPG

And last of all a little one that came home with me

http://www.koipix.com/gallery/albums...normal_MC4.jpg
              Regards

Gazza

Comment

Brady,

I do like that Utsuri, very interesting. Glad you are keeping it and growing it on, be nice to see it later this year after a Summer of further growth.
                Regards, Bob
                ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º>
                <º}}}}>< <º}}}}><

Comment

Bob

How are yours doing still culling??
                  Regards

Gazza

Comment

Ha! Brady, you better start culling now or you'll not get any of them up to 8"!

Comment

Jaco, haven't had enough time to take more pictures so far. But temperature in the greenhouse is reaching 50 celsius degrees and more, and water temperature in the fry pools is up to 34 celsius degrees. Despite they are fine and eating like beasts, I shall be culling and taking the keepers to an outdoor pond whithin the next days. I'll try to take more pictures during the process.

Originally posted by GazKoi
                      ... lucky enough to go and see Maurice Cox and his koi farm on the weekend...
                      I have placed a couple of pictures for you ...
                      Gazza, I like very much your new Chagoi. Her? siblings are also wonderful. But I was amazed by the Kohaku in the pictures. Are those also from Maurice's breeding program? Could you post any additional details about these Kohaku? Maurice, would be great if you can find some spare time to visit the Forum and comment.

Diego
                      Diego Jordano
                      Cordoba, Spain
                      A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
                      pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

Comment

Nice Brady.
                        Are you expecting menware on those 2 ?
                        My batch had an easier winter than your batch so the sumi is up a bit more..... Well, my water is harder than a Padrez PP at a cub scout meeting too.

I wish I had some mud...
                        I gotta shoot some pics for you tomorrow.

Originally posted by Brady Brandwood
                        A pair of sibling tosai, from All-American parentage. Those who enjoy studying lineages and bloodline characteristics may be able to trace the path from Japan.

Best Wishes,
                        Brady Brandwood

Comment

Wow Thanks guys.
                          I am busy changing my fry ponds for the coming season and the more I have to do with them the more excited I get about breeding again.

Brady as always you have outdone yourself and looking at these pics anyone can see the quality of koi outside of Japan are increasing by leaps and bounds.Brady do you think all the sumi on the Utsuri will surface eventually?The Kohaku is of outstanding quality, my favourite.If I can produce Sanke of this quality I will be a very happy man, they are what I look for pattern wise in Sanke I like more black than what the modern Sanke has. Sadazo I believe.Can't wait to see the next issue of Koi Fixx and more pics of the koi you produce and what is happening at Lotusland.

Doug please take some pics and post them thanks.

Diego glad to see you are back on track. It must be difficult to work in that greenhouse with the temp so high. Pics please.

Greg I look forward to see what you're new parent koi delivers this season. You're fry are raised outside a mud pond and I believe it is easier to get parasite problems in concrete pond than mud ponds because of the limited space. What do you think?

Gazza I would have given anything to have been there with you guys. The steps Maurice have taken to ensure quality koi is produced at his farm is honourable. Must succeed.

Thanks again MORE MORE !!!!
                          Jaco Vorster
                          South Africa

Comment

I've been through a real busy time over the last couple of weeks,....

....but breeding is under way. Some far I have 3 kohaku, 2 showa and hariwake spawned. I shall put together my platinum set tomorrow.

It will take many seasons to learn how to use these indoor mud ponds, they are very different from outdoors and are presenting their problems, but so far this year, with a little experience I am gaining better growth than last year. The speed which the fry are growing is keeping me guessing how quick to increase the fry food size. Within 10 days, I have had to increase the food size twice.

My oldest fry are 3 weeks and many are up to 1 1/2". This is good as my pond size is small, my first cull has had to be at 6 weeks, but I may be able to bring this forward to 5 weeks, with this years growth.

Only 14 sets to go. I'm mad!!

Maurice.

I'm struggling with PH swings and may consider adding shade cloth above the ponds.

It's very hot hot in the tunnels this week, muds ponds are runnning at 25c at the moment, but this may go up this week, as the forcast is for high temps. I need some cooling, working beyond 10.30am is very hard this week.
                            http://www.koi-uk.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice
                              ... real busy time ,........but breeding is under way.
                              ...these indoor mud ponds, they are very different from outdoors...
                              Only 14 sets to go. I'm mad!!
                              Maurice.
                              It's very hot hot in the tunnels this week, muds ponds are runnning at 25c at the moment, but this may go up this week, as the forcast is for high temps. I need some cooling, working beyond 10.30am is very hard this week.
                              Hello Maurice, good to hear from you again. Working with so many breeding pairs seems a tremendous task. I wish you all the best, you have worked so hard this year!

But common, you shouldn't complain about your temperature
                              What do you mean with "hot hot", just 25 celsius degrees?
                              Please, forgive me but it sounds funny ... this morning I have spent almost 4 hours culling in the greenhouse (door and windows fully opened all the time, shadow clothing almost all over) at 48 celsius degrees , the water temp in the pools reaching up to 34. Of course the fry are now two months old, that is the great advantage. I guess you will start spawning your Koi sooner next year.
                              Anyway, you are wellcome to come over and teach me how to cull, in exchange you'll get some proper training to handle real hot weather
                              Best wishes,
                              Diego
                              PS are you going to the BKKS Koi Show this year?
                              Diego Jordano
                              Cordoba, Spain
                              A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
                              pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X