How would you rank these kohaku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rank these kohaku

How would you rank these Kohaku and comments please.
    1) 4 years old Dainichi - 19"
    2) 4 years old Momotaro - 17"
    3) 3 Years old Ogawa - 18"

Thx --Dinh
    Attached Files

Sorry - the first one is the Dainichi. Here are Momotaro and Ogawa
    Attached Files

Comment

Still one photo short, 2nd one looks best to me so far.

Regards
      Chris

Comment

Danichi Kohaku.....but then again I like this look, like in my avatar.

Comment

The first one loock the best to me, difficult to compare with the second because the pict is not so clear, and the third loock really nice but the hi on the head is too asymetrical for me. Anyway I wood like to have one like that in my pond, is like to compare a Ferrari to a De Tomaso.
          Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipsar
            Still one photo short, 2nd one looks best to me so far.

Regards
            Chris
            Hi Chris,
            Just include the Ogawa. Thanks --Dinh

Comment

The Dainichi and Momotaro seem too small to be 4 years old. The Momotaro also seems much younger than that in its body proportions. Perhaps it is the camera angle. While I do not much care for the simple pattern, the body shape and thickness of the caudal area make me prefer the Momotaro. All have nice shiroji. The Beni of the Momotaro seems equal or better than the others.

Comment

place another checkmark next to the first pic, thats a beauty in my book and in some lucky buggers pond.
                " I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy "

Comment

None of them really do anything for me. Just not to my taste that's all.

If i had to choose one of these then it would be the 2nd one (Momotaro) becasue the pigmentation on the head on the other two doesn't seem right to my inexperianced eye.

Would be interesting to see how the breeders expected these koi to develop or if at 3 - 4 years old they are finished.

My order would be: 1. Momotaro 2. Dianichi 3. Ogawa
                  Greg.

"The target is within"

Comment

I still go with no2, then no1 and no3.

Regards

Chris

Comment

1,2,3. 1&3 have better body than 3. 1 has better shiroji. 1 gives longer impression. 2 has better Hi quality.

Comment

I prefer #2. It seems most finished in the Hi and most uniform in the shiro. It's conformation is not the best of the three. Also, the pattern on the others won't look very good at 32" whereas the #2 fish looks like it needs some more growing to really "fit" it's pattern.

Being as finished as it is, will it be able to hold it together until 32"...don't know. You can probably tell that I have never won any awards in the gosanke catagory !!

~Raymond.

Comment

The first impression was "wow, all three of these koi are from genetic backgrounds that should have allowed them to be much bigger in size".

From a competitive show situation, while patterns alledgedly are down the list
                          as to point rating the truth is it still maters greatly. the dainiichi has such a pattern. The momotaro is technically correct but not as interesting. The ogawa,
                          while I love the front half of the pattern (beauty spot and all) does not seem to flow as well with the second half.

for a kohaku nut all three would have their place in the same pond because of the differences. My koi kichi has a daiinichi similar to the momotaro in pattern and the great body and soft white draws you everytime to the simple two stepped pattern. It has been both GC and RGC in different shows.
                          Dick Benbow

Comment

I haven't seen these fish in person in a long time and I give props out to Dinh for raising these fish well. I would rank the fish the order they are posted. 1, 2, 3.

The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Normally I donĀ“t like the pattern that No.1 has but in this case not that bad. I would buy it. (After winning a lot of money I assume).

I just have one question: Why are they so small? Male or what? Those are Dainichi, Momotaro, etc. The bloodlines of Momotaro are known for their size. And Dainichi has big Koi too.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X