My Whacked Political Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Whacked Political Views

Ok 2 things in the new this morning had me jumping for joy and praticaly crying.

First the Supreme Court is defending American's right to keep and bare arms. YES! Now there needs to be law stating that if you are a gun owner you are required to practice with the weapon atleast 12 times a year. We don't want a bunch of gun owners who don't know how to shoot, or should I say can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Second Sen. Byrd has passed away. His voice will be missed.

I guess that makes me a square peg trying to fit in a round hole.
    Amanda Bulls-Stephens
    Creator of "The Tail End"
    Central California Koi Society

Originally posted by bighatbulls View Post
    Ok 2 things in the new this morning had me jumping for joy and praticaly crying.

First the Supreme Court is defending American's right to keep and bare arms. YES! Now there needs to be law stating that if you are a gun owner you are required to practice with the weapon atleast 12 times a year. We don't want a bunch of gun owners who don't know how to shoot, or should I say can't hit the broadside of a barn.

Second Sen. Byrd has passed away. His voice will be missed.

I guess that makes me a square peg trying to fit in a round hole.
    I have to agree with the title
    Last year there were 28,874 fatal shootings and over 200,000 non fatal injuries in the US. Surprisingly high numbers of children playing with guns
    were killed or injured.
    Majority of people should not own guns based on these statistics.
    Regards
    Eugene

Comment

With gun ownership comes huge responsibility. My comment about laws being made to actually force gun owners to practice with their weapon might seem flipant, but there is actually more to that.

People who own guns should know how to properly; load, fire, clean, field strip, and store the weapon. They should know where that weapon is at all times. To the individual gun owner the gun should be viewed as an expensive tool that you do not leave laying about the work bench. Just like that expensive tool goes back in the case when you are finished with it, so should the gun. The case should be locked and put out of reach of children. Access to the key should only be available to the gun owner and no one else. If that means wearing it about your neck and sleeping with it so be it. Old martial arts saying "We do not practice martial arts to use it, we practice martial arts so we don't have to use it."

There is a little town about 7 miles or so from my hometown. Back in the 80's the police force was corrupt and it wasn't a real safe place to live. The county took over and disbanded the police and put the community's safety in the hands of the county sheriff. The typical sheriff response time to that community was 15-30 minutes. With in 6 months the crime rate in this community was nil, and it wasn't because of the sheriff. It was because of guns.
      Amanda Bulls-Stephens

Comment

America is so backward. I would think that the democrats would be all about gun ownership.....as they are about most freedoms to do whatever you want....don't get it.

The views I have are completely representative of who I am, and may/may not be representative of clubs I may or may not be a part of.

Comment

Some of us are, Ethan25! But I'm in the minority on this issue, especially here in San Francisco.

Comment

Originally posted by Eugeneg View Post
            Last year there were 28,874 fatal shootings and over 200,000 non fatal injuries in the US. Surprisingly high numbers of children playing with guns
            were killed or injured.
            Regards
            Eugene
            In 2008, there were 33,963 traffic fatalities and 2,346,000 non-fatal traffic injuries in the US. Suprisingly high numbers of children riding in vehicles were killed or injured.
            Majority of people should not own vehicles based on these statistics.
            Regards,
            Eddie
            Eddie

Comment

Someone is injured in an alcohol-related car accident every 60 seconds; a person is killed by a drunk driver every 40 minutes; eight teens die every 24 hours in an alcohol-related car crash. I know first hand.

Drinking should be outlawed.

Guns don't hurt people, people do. Just like any thing else in life, you have to take responsibility for your actions.
              The views expressed above are my own personal views and, as such, do not necessarily reflect the views of the AKCA or the KHA program.
              SANDY

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan25 View Post
                America is so backward. I would think that the democrats would be all about gun ownership.....as they are about most freedoms to do whatever you want....don't get it.

I am a Democrat I voted for Hillary not Obama
                Amanda Bulls-Stephens

Comment

Originally posted by Eugeneg View Post
                  were killed or injured.
                  Regards
                  Eugene
                  In 2009 there were 33,963 deaths of a population of 306,700,000 people, which is still only 0.01107% of the total (nhtsa.gov). In 2008 there were a total of over 5.8 million car crashes, 1,630,000 causing injury (edgarsnyder.com). If it was only about numbers and statistics, in order to be consistent, you would also need to ban cars. However, it isn’t about numbers and statistics, that is just something people bring up to create a sense of relevance when in opposition to others. The truth is, whether we need them or not, our constitution and subsequent amendments give us the right to own and operate firearms. Our U.S. attitude is influenced by that right, and many people are even defined by that right. Asking Americans to give up the right to carry firearms asks a greater sacrifice than giving up the firearm itself. How quickly would you give up your car or the right to own it?

Most firearms owned by people in the United States will never take a human life and will never injure a human soul. This is as it should be when the firearm is not abused. While it is tragic and sad that innocent children are maimed or killed because an adult left a loaded gun in that child’s reach, it is simply not the fault of the firearm, the right to bear arms, the firearms industry, the makers of safety devices such as trigger locks, or any person except the responsible adult owner of the weapon. That person bears, and should bear, the full weight of responsibility for that child’s death.

Furthermore, the criminal element will continue to posses firearms long after all legal guns have been removed from the streets. Stray bullets will continue to take lives, young and old, criminals will still shoot victims after holding up liquor stores, and guns will continue to take lives, but cars will continue to take more lives, yet no one wants to talk about unloading our cars.

Incidentally no one is discussing the number of deaths and injuries caused by cancers caused by toxic chemicals used in the manufacture and operation of automobiles, so accidents are not the only killer. How many people are killed or injured by the pollutants emitted through the operation of firearms?
                  Sean Stephens

sigpic

Comment

What about lead poisoning? However I am sure Sean's father is the only one who might come across that since his dad does shooting alley clean up.
                    Amanda Bulls-Stephens

Comment

Not sure who said it, "An armed society is a polite society."

With nobody counting accurately, the numbers run from an absolute low of over 100,000 to an estimate of as many as six million VIOLENT crimes are PREVENTED by citizen gun owners each year in the US. For each accidental (many times not an accident, but murder) gun death as many as 200 lives were saved.

People licensed to carry a concealed weapon have a lower crime rate overall than the POLICE FORCE. ALL 31 states that have passed concealed carry laws have since seen a huge drop in violent (especially murder) and overall crime. Meanwhile the seven states that do not allow concealed carry and have the most draconian, restrictive gun laws also have by far and away the highest rates of violent and other crime.

In each case where genocide was the result, the best example being Nazi Germany, the very first thing the government did was to disarm the people in the name of "safety" and "crime reduction." Many, many examples are easily found throughout history.

Countries that REQUIRE gun ownership and proficiency of its citizens (Switzerland is a good example) have by far and away the lowest crime rates on the planet. Countries that restrict private gun ownership (Mexico is a good example) have by far and away the highest rates of crime.

There is NO GOOD EXAMPLE where restricting private ownership of firearms did any citizen any good, saved any lives, prevented crime, etc.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Second Amendment to The Constitution

The "militia" is defined in most cases as being the entire citizenry. In some cases it is defined as only male citizens of a particular age group.

A man that is not allowed to own a firearm is NOT a FREE man.

I've guns to hunt with, for self protection, for assault on fortified structures, to shoot for fun, and as collector's items. Some passed down from my great grandad, grandad, and dad. I WILL NOT GIVE THEM UP. PERIOD. Anybody wishing to take my guns will quite literally have to kill me first.

Just a note, the last revolution on American soil began here in Brazoria County, Texas. My home. If things do not change, the next one might also begin here.

Brett
                      Brett

Comment

Lately I've been thinking the next civil war will start on the border of California and Arizona. It will be a short war. . . I wonder if they will rename California. . .
                        Sean Stephens

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrCreosote View Post
                          Lately I've been thinking the next civil war will start on the border of California and Arizona. It will be a short war. . . I wonder if they will rename California. . .
                          My guess is that California will become "New China" as it would seem the only way to pay the Chinese what we owe them is to give them land. We'll cede California over to the Chinese.

After that either California (New China) gets straightened out by the Chinese, or it bankrupts them, and they end up having to give it back as even they cannot afford to run it.

If and unless major changes come about, it looks like the US could go the way of the old Soviet Union. Broken up into several "nation-states" along political lines. Texans would prosper greatly under such a situation, I'm sure most Californians would starve to death.

BTW, it looks as if even odds I'll be going to Azerbaijan to work for awhile. Not kidding, I call to negotiate today. If anybody out there has been there, I'm surely curious.

Brett
                          Brett

Comment

goodnss Brett! what an adventure, the turns life can have, eh?
                            I had never heard of the place but a quick goggle found this

"Azerbaijan was the first successful attempt to establish a democratic and secular republic in the Muslim world"

interesting.
                            if you take the job I certainly hope you stay in touch and keep us entertained with stories of this journey!

Comment

That sounds like an adventure Brett.

That is an interesting statement you made about breaking up the US in to smaller chunks. Sean (Dr. Creosote) believes California to be to big as it is. Don't ask me what he thinks about Texas, since Texas is bigger . However in Texas you have more like minded people, unlike here.
                              Amanda Bulls-Stephens

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X