Will. My fish die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will. My fish die

Hi I live in Malaysia and have juat built a koi pond. At my home. It is 12 feet long and 8 feet wide about 3 feet deep. It is concrete construction and then fibreglassed. I live in the hills of Malaysia and our ambient temp is about 15 degrees C. I have just finished putting the flo coat onto the fibreglass and it is taking ages to go off. It is black colour polyester material. I mixed hardener 1.5% by weight and stirred thoroughly. The whole pond was done with the same mix/batch so no variation in mixes it was a one time mix. Some has gone of and is silky smooth dry and hard however there are still areas on the walls and a couple of areas on the floor that are still tacky. Not sticky enough to make your fingers black but definitely sticky to touch. It has no been 3 days we have had rain and it has been very cloudy and windy. Sunshine is very minimal right now.
    Should I try to remove it?
    Should I leave it longer?
    Could I recoat the sticky areas with a small mix with extra hardener?
    If I left it and it remained sticky and I put water will it kill my fish?
    ???I am unsire what to do with this right now. But it seems odd the majority of the floor is hard and the walls are tacky from the very same mix.
    I hope someone can advise me what I can do next.

Thanks in advance.

Since almost no one in USA filberglass their ponds, you are not likely to get a response here. Suggest joining a UK koi forum where lots more people know about fiberglassing koi ponds.

https://www.koiforum.uk
    Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
    Working...
    X