PerformancePro Artesian Dial-A Flow pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PerformancePro Artesian Dial-A Flow pump

Does anyone have any experience with the PerformancePro Artesian "Dial -A-Flow series of pumps ? I am considering changing to one, but would like some feedback from ponders that have one.
    Allen2909

Hi Allen
    Performance pro's in my opinion are the best pumps out on the market. My husband and I use 2 of them, we have a 1/3 hp and 1/2 hp both low rpm. We have never had a problem with them in the 4 years they have been running. My husband builds koi ponds and that is the only pump he will install on any pond system. They are very energy friendly, great warrenty, and excellent customer service. Now on another note my husband purchased 3 dial a flows, and installed them on customers ponds. 1 out of the 3 had problems with the (inverter box or flow control box) not sure of the exact name. Anyway it had been running around 15 months so it was out of warrenty. The cost to replace that box was $800. My husband will never use that pump on any job again. I think you can get the performance you want from any of the Artesian pumps without the dial a flow. We love our Artesians.

Comment

imo, Artisan makes best pumps. they are so quiet. it's virtually no noise at all.

Steve

Comment

Sequence pumps are just as quiet as Artesian pumps. Artesian pumps come from Sequence. First there was Sequence, then an employee left Sequence, and then there was Artesian Pumps.

Comment

Artesian pumps come from Sequence. First there was Sequence, then an employee left Sequence, and then there was Artesian Pumps.
          Huh??? Not sure what you mean by this. There is no relationship between Sequence and PerformancePro, except that Rod Tally once worked there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill D
            Huh??? Not sure what you mean by this. There is no relationship between Sequence and PerformancePro, except that Rod Tally once worked there.
            That's my point, he took ideas with him. He wanted to buy the rights to some pumps but they would not let them go, so he went out on his own. The Performance Pro pumps are very similar to Sequence and you can see it if you look.

Comment

Both Performence Pro & Sequence are quality pumps and I recommend either. Unless you get an exceptional deal, buy it locally. If something goes wrong, help is right down the block.

Variable pumps have a purpose. They vary speed rather than valving off flow to adjust pumping rate. In constantly varying loads they will be more efficient. In our relatively constant loading purchasing the right low speed pump will actually be much more efficient.

If you need two flows, consider two pumps in parallel. When high flow is needed both can be run together.

Comment

It sounds to me like someone sells Sequence and not Artesian Performance Pumps. Unk

Comment

Originally posted by UnkleTim
                  It sounds to me like someone sells Sequence and not Artesian Performance Pumps. Unk
                  Boy, you are observant. We sell many brands of pumps, which do include Sequence. We don't sell Artesian because there is no real difference.

Comment

Actually, I think Artesian pumps are manufactured much better. Also there customer service is excellent... And were I work they carry both lines.. I still say Artesian is a better pump, more bang for your money. I have sequence constantly coming in for repairs and or replacements pumps, generally the replacement becomes an Artesian.

But if you want a sequence pump I here that AZ ponds price can't be beat, by any dealer in the USA.

Comment

Russ... I still don't get it. Which Sequence pump is exactly like this PerformancePro Artesian?

Comment

Interesting post Nancy.

What are the problems you're experiencing with the Sequence. I consider them both comparable.

Very few pumps are properly selected for individual ponds and, while the biggest problem there is efficiency, that could cause some problems on certain pumps.

The greatest problem is improper installation. Pumps are often misaligned with the connecting fittings and that can stress the housing and misalign the bearings, causing a vibration twice the frequency of the rotation.

Comment

In reference to my last post. The vibration caused by missallignment will load the bearings and lead to much shorter lives for both the bearings and the seals. My own Sequence has close to 10 years of continuous operation. That's not an exceptional life in industry. In the hobby I'm being led to believe pumps are replaced in 7 years, on average. Lots of that is due to pond redesign, I'm sure, but pump instalation by inexperienced people is also a contributer. I even see professional pond builders installing pumps improperly.

With the larger pumps, that have longer shafts coupling the motor to the pump, even operating the pump on the wrong part of it's curve will create bearing loading that can shorten the bearing's life.

I can't take issue with replacing a Sequence with an Artizan. Unless ongoing changes have caused a downgrading, both companies produce top quality. I would make the same comment if someone were replacing an Artizan with a Sequence.

Comment

I bought the Performance Pro pump and have had it installed for about a month. I could not be happier ! It is whisper quiet . The built-in speed controller tells you exactly how many amps of electricity are being used at any setting. That, coupled with a flow meter , allows you to operate the pump at peak efficiency. In my pond, that is approximately 50% . At that speed, I am pumping about 50 GPM. 75% only increases to 60, and 100 to 61 or 62. I really am glad I purchased this pump and would recommend it to anyone.
                            Allen2909

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                            Working...
                            X