Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome TienPhamVan!

Welcome to Koi-Bito.

Weclome on board Tien.... Glad to see another NorCal joins the forum....

--Dinh

Comment

Tien...add my voice to the welcomes.....you'll have to tell us about yourself, your pond and your favorite koi...please
      Dick Benbow

Comment

Originally posted by dick benbow View Post
        Tien...add my voice to the welcomes.....you'll have to tell us about yourself, your pond and your favorite koi...please
        I think he has a common hobby with you Dick...Koi and Bonsai...
        The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori View Post
          I think he has a common hobby with you Dick...Koi and Bonsai...
          yup, he is another bonsai lover. Tien has crerated many excellent bonsai. I can see him working on his bonsai almost every day after work from my place. ;-))

Comment

Welcome Tien, Glad to meet you at Genki yesterday. It was quite interesting talking to you about California Junipers..

Joe
            It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

another bonsai guy? man you guys have all the luck! I need more up my way,
              any chance you guys can send him up my way for a few weeks.....kinda like on loan ( i'll send him back, well sorta...)
              Dick Benbow

Comment

Dick, what are you talking about. You have Dan Robinson nursery farm quite near you... I enjoyed his nursery and teachings very much when I was up there..

Joe

Comment

I quess i'm not looking so much for a yamadori teacher as i am a working stiff that loves to grab a tree and come visit....I spend a lot of time visiting weyerhaeuser and their national display of bonsai trees from around the world. Wish you guys would grab a flight up to seattle some time and I'd pick up up at the airport and run you over to the bonsai exhibit. It's on a par with the national in that other washington (DC)
                  Dick Benbow

Comment

Originally posted by dick benbow View Post
                    I quess i'm not looking so much for a yamadori teacher as i am a working stiff that loves to grab a tree and come visit....I spend a lot of time visiting weyerhaeuser and their national display of bonsai trees from around the world. Wish you guys would grab a flight up to seattle some time and I'd pick up up at the airport and run you over to the bonsai exhibit. It's on a par with the national in that other washington (DC)

I went to weyhauser bonsai exhibit. But they were closed when I was passing through.. Is the kengai Satsuki still on display?

Joe

Comment

You never know what will be on display at any one time. They have about 3x
                      the amount of trees needed for display and will pull one off to work on and subsutitute something else. They do have some wonderful satsuki's and they will start to show some color here in about 2 months. My satsuki sensae John Lust passed away last fall, and his best tree was donated to the exhibit and will be on display. I have about 6 decent azealas....

The have an aka matsue I've been waiting for , for 2 years to come on display now...I know david and his assit well enough that i go visit it in the private area. My favorite is a japanese black pine that was started in a tin can from seed by an american who happened to be of japanese ancestry during world war 2 and ended up being confined in a prison camp during the length of the war. the tree speaks to me emotionally because of it's humble beginnings, and now as a finished bonsai it is really a work of art.

If you decide to visit again pls let me know
                      Dick Benbow

Comment

Dick, this is the tree when it passed on through the San Mateo Bonsai clubs show on its way up to Weyhauser..

This tree had it own luggage

Joe

Comment

Fantastick!

Originally posted by keokoi View Post
                          Dick, this is the tree when it passed on through the San Mateo Bonsai clubs show on its way up to Weyhauser..

This tree had it own luggage

Joe
                          Welcome TienPhamVan to koi-bito!

Joe, such a beautiful bonsai! Good picture. I lightened it a bit, hope that's OK.
                          Attached Files

Comment

yes I recognize the tree. It wasn't on display last week when I was up there but last year when it bloomed it was breath taking.....there is a big old kinsai up there that i just love
                            Dick Benbow

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                            Working...
                            X