Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Grade this Pair of Hiutsuri

Tosai
    Post Thanks / Like

Please Grade this Pair of Hiutsuri

Please Grade this Pair im looking at buying them but i want people honest opinion im looking for strong grade pair of anything really.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hi.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	29386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hi2.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	29387  

Post Thanks / Like
    They are an attractive pair, but details matter.
    Size, Age, Price range.
    They appear to be around 14"-16" which "should" make them nissai/ake sansai, but I hate making assumptions.
    Larry Iles
    Oklahoma

Daihonmei
    Post Thanks / Like
    ditto what PB said except add the pic isn't good enough to give any reall y opinion on anything but "nice fish"

Tosai
    Post Thanks / Like
    they are2 years old male and female only 600 for the pair but i know i can get lower price for them. breeder Shinoda the fellow has lots of other koi from japan put i notice the quality is not like this they are about 16-18 inches my question on quality lies with the pattern and the color skin in person looks excellent. I want them to be one of my breeding pairs

Daihonmei
    Post Thanks / Like
    gigi,
    I'll tell ya what a self-evident "red flag" should be for all of the wanabe breeders that shouldn't even try....
    they come to a koi board or ask ANYONE else whether koi should be used (or are good enough) to be oyagoi.
    and you've exposed your ineptitude in the extreme case...these are very immature koi..its like you want us to look at a couple of yearling colts and ask us if they would be good to breed potential race horses from.
    Please spend alot more time learning what is needed before you breed anything (race horses included)

Post Thanks / Like
    Before breeding fish, you should understand how many eggs you will have, how many fry you will get from that, how many hours you will need to spend culling, and what you are going to do with your culls. BigHat and I acquired a number of fry from just this sort of breeding operation. We only ended up with about 20 fish, most are just ugly little things, but we are learning from them. However, allowing two fish to breed is the end of the easy part and you need to consider how much time you are willing to spend with the babies you get and whether or not you have the facility to house hundreds to thousands of fish that will end up with.

Daihonmei
    Post Thanks / Like
    actually concerning oyagoi, the first thing you need to do before you breed koi is understand what you want to raise/achieve... YOUR VISION
    the next thing you need to do is understand what to look for in oyagoi that will give you a chance at getting what you want to raise.
    This is a personal decision
    Not one for "the board" to inform you about

Tosai
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your kind comments Im asking you for your opion of the fish before i buy them i know they are to you to breed the female needs another year at least. I am a very experienced fish breeder im still learning about world class koi i know how to keep them how to breed them and just want some friendly comments on how to judge there potential thanks. Im not some crappy breeder out there to flood a market with sub par koi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greatgems View Post
    Thanks for your kind comments Im asking you for your opion of the fish before i buy them i know they are to you to breed the female needs another year at least. I am a very experienced fish breeder im still learning about world class koi i know how to keep them how to breed them and just want some friendly comments on how to judge there potential thanks. Im not some crappy breeder out there to flood a market with sub par koi.
    And here I am being negative. In what may pass as an answer to your original question, I will only say I like the colors of these fish. I can't comment on skin quality, conformation, or even blood lines, but I can tell you I like the boldness of red and black and the patterns on both fish are appealing to me. One of the little things that rattles around in my brain is a quote from some movie or other, "fortune favors the bold." Take your fish by the horns and give it the old college try. If you gain only knowledge from the experience, you have gained the universe. Besides, the people that started this hobby didn't have the resources we have and they seem to have done just fine. And those are great looking fish to me.

Tosai
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh and a little bit about me i have been breeding fish for main years i understand the hard work in breeding how many fry i will have how many i will have to cull i have breed flowerhorn in the best very very high end ones i have had 500-700 fry from spawns in the past and over a years time have culled down to 20 fish i have kept. I have Created new strains and very very incredible fish. The Pair i like for there strong Red color the body seems to be good for the age and i was asking for some pros advice on the patterns thank you

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast