Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Pond depth/ Oxygen

Nisai
    Moto Kara Koi Kai ZNA

Lone Star Koi Club

Thank you! Now we can really put in perspective why we design our ponds differently. I was thinking of surveying the good folks here, but the chart paints an accurate picture of power costs, at least in the Philippines and in the Netherlands. Way up there! We work harder for our koi, even without chilling the pond.

Nisai
    The above chart is an average as there are variances especially in the US depending on the state and locale. I have heard of some folks in the US paying .40+ but .10-.11 seems to be the norm and makes the US appear to be on the cheaper side of the equation. Nevertheless, I still cringe and hold my breath whenever the electricity bill arrives, tearing it open before I have even taken two steps from the mailbox. Don't worry Ryan, you're paying for the electricity in your bill one way or another.
    Moto Kara Koi Kai ZNA

Lone Star Koi Club

Paul, I just changed electric provider to 7ยข per kilowatt hour. This will help my electric bill somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by yerrag View Post
    Thank you! Now we can really put in perspective why we design our ponds differently. I was thinking of surveying the good folks here, but the chart paints an accurate picture of power costs, at least in the Philippines and in the Netherlands. Way up there! We work harder for our koi, even without chilling the pond.
    Not sure there's so much difference. So some folks use airlifts- cool, but not so much different. Power costs are only one metric. Living in America presents it's own hidden costs and burdens- mainly in the form of taxes and insurance. Brother they kick the shit out of me! So, my lower electrical costs are minimum compared to what is gouged from me by taxes. So, we won't even go there..... As for the Netherland and Philippine hobbyists working harder for their koi??? Mmmm......How did you come up with that conclusion? More expensive electrical rates?

Quote Originally Posted by Appliance Guy View Post
    Not sure there's so much difference. So some folks use airlifts- cool, but not so much different. Power costs are only one metric. Living in America presents it's own hidden costs and burdens- mainly in the form of taxes and insurance. Brother they kick the shit out of me! So, my lower electrical costs are minimum compared to what is gouged from me by taxes. So, we won't even go there..... As for the Netherland and Philippine hobbyists working harder for their koi??? Mmmm......How did you come up with that conclusion? More expensive electrical rates?
    You got it Tim. Not only that, we have taxes as usurious as that of the US, since we pretty much copy after the US line by line. Our fat cats are not bankers though, it's our electric power oligopolists.

Edit- Insurance? I know, it's hard over there. I once almost cancelled an event when I was in Lalaland. At the last minute, I was asked if I had event insurance. I've never heard of such a beast until then. Turns out it was going to end up raising cost through the roof. The owner finally relented on condition that someone they trust could monitor the event so no risk of injury ever occurs. They were afraid they could be sued by the millions if somebody ever got injured, just because it occurred on their premises. Yes that is life over there. Am sure that kind of insurance will reach our shores someday - call it progress ($igh).

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415