Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Location of the All-Japan Show Changed!

Location of the All-Japan Show Changed!

A few weeks back, I almost couldn't believe my ears when I heard that the location of the All-Japan was being changed to the Tokyo Stadium in Chofu City, Tokyo. :shock:

It's been held at the Ryutsu Center ever since the 2nd show, and this really marks the end of an era for the Shinkokai show. I must admit that it makes me a little sad to see the venue moved, but I suppose that the change was a necessary one and to the benefit of the hobby.

Believe it or not, the show will not be held outside during the cold Tokyo winter! One good thing is that the location is a more central one, and more choices with regards to food and entertainment are available to visitors apposed to the old venue. It will also be a bit easier to get on the highway up to Niigata or Isawa for those of you going on the hunt after the show. It will be a little more inconvenient to catch the Shinkansen from Chofu as opposed to Shingawa though.

What are your thoughts on the change? :?:
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Jumbo
    Brian

Long time no speak.

You missed a great BKKS National this year.

And there was me planning my first trip to the Ryutsu!!!

Now, it's likely to be bloody cold in Jan in Tokyo. When we were in Kobe in Nov 2001 we heard that some southern breeders had lost koi attributed to the temp drop coming up to kobe. Surely this will be significantly more of a risk in Tokyo in January.

Seems a strange one but i'll not tell them that they are wrong/mad, time will tell though!!

Mark
    Mark Gardner

Hi Mark!

I hope to make the national next year...congratulations to the winners, both owner and breeder.

Sadly, it seems that the Ryutsu location will not be used any time in the near future. Switching to the "my pool" (English) style of showing requires much more room, which simply isn't available at the Ryutsu Center.

As I said...one good thing about the new location is the flavor of the town it's moving to which is much more representative of Tokyo life. The night life will be much improved over the old location as well! :wink:
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Life is change. Nothing stays the same forever. I would quess i typify
    the average koi keeper who has gone year after year to the same old place with it's history and comforting familarity.
    It sounds like they are making the change for a good reason. not just for the sake of change.
    I will be the first to admit my knee jerk reaction is one of sadness. but advanced years has taught me that change can be good, let's wait ;and see what the passage of time does, to the validity of the move!
    Thanks Brian for keeping us up with what's making news in koi!

Jumbo

Dates

Brian

Can you confirm dates of show please.

Mark
    Mark Gardner

Nisai
    Brian, Tim Waddington is reporting that the show is an OUTSIDE venue, where as your post says it is NOT an outside venue. The way your post is worded, leads me to belive you made a typo and it is actually outside. Could you please clarify this?

Rod L.

Jumbo
    I'm guessing that this is the venue.....

http://www.wldcup.com/Asia/stadia/tokyo.html
    Mark Gardner

Hi Rod,

Yep...that's a typo. Just remove the word "not" and you'll get what I meant to write. The show is outside, but underneath the overhangs of the stadium, so it is somewhat protected from the elements.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Brian,
    So the vats will actually be on the grass? I wonder if they intend to have the undersoil heating on? Maybe that's the thinking on the water not freezing or at least being bitterly cold, too cold, for the koi?
    Andrew

"Gentlemen prefer ponds"

Hi Andrew,

No, the vats will be on the outside of the stadium rather than within the stadium itself. I can only assume that the vats will be either directly on the concrete, or on vinyl sheeting placed on top of the concrete.

If any of you went to the ZNA show in Niigata 2 years ago, you'd understand what a cold water koi show truly is! :roll:
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast