Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Donations for Niigata relief

Nisai

Donations for Niigata relief

On one of the quake threads someone was asking about sending relief money to the victims.

Within Japan you can transfer money free of charge from any bank to the Niigata chapter of the Japan Red Cross.

I have heard that there is more information on the international Red Cross web site about donating from abroad.

Also The Yomiuri Newspaper organization has started a relief fund to which you can donate by registered mail. Here is the info:

The Yomiuri Shimbun
    Niigata Prefecture Chuetsu Earthquake fund-raising section
    1-7-1 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 100-8055

By postal transfer to the Yomiuri Light and Humanity Association:

Account number: 00190-8-72319
    Address to: Niigata-ken Chuetsu Jishin

I haven't posted much new info on the quake, because whenever I learn more from the news, somone else seems to have reported here. Plus I have learned much more about the specifics of koi personalites from here. Thanks for all who have posted. It is great to hear that Torazo's family are safe, I have not been able to get in touch with him, but the news footage of Urakawa is frightning. The diverted river passes right through at least one house.

I have heard from Matsuda san that he and his folks in Mushigame are safe. I hope I can get up to the area as soon as it is feasable to help. But, of course, I am waiting to hear that I could be of use and not a burden.

Tategoi
    Matt:

Thanks for the info on the relief fund... Not sure if you get FCI (Fuji Communication Inc, I think) but on this evening's "News Express" program they showed much of the damage in Niigata including a couple of Koi Facilities... Unfortunately the program is in Nihon-go, which neither my wife or I understand... But the pictures were graphic... While heart breaking, you could tell that the people are resolute and that they will come out of this stronger than before... Again thanks for your coverage from there...

Aloha! Mike

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the info.
    I had suggested on another Thread that people donate the $$ that was set aside for that "One of a Kind Koi" or for traveling to Niigata this year to a relief fund for the people of Niigata.
    GarryC