Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi @ all,

I'm the newest member in this forum.

I'm very interesseted in the threads in this forum, because I think, it's contains a lot of usefull information.

In german koi-forums a mainly disputes between users...only few information for all...

After reading some thread here, I detected a very high qualitiy especially in Areas like "hobby-breeding", high and show qualitiy koi.

I'm started ro run a koi-shop for the new koi-season started in spring in Germany. I run a chain store in partnership with a very good koi dealer friend of mine.

I mainly busied in selling Tosai for novices in our hobby.

My partner mainly sells Nissai and Sansai from Sakai, Tamaura, Yamazaki, Hirasawa, Murashige.

Greetz NM

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Look forward to learning more about koikeeping in Germany.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your kind thoughts about our board and welcome!

We do disagree ocassionally and have different ways of seeing things but it is an exceptional group!

Let us know if there is anything we can chat about. I think it takes a brave soul to get into the live goods business. I wish you well.

I hope you'll consider chatting with the publisher of the magazine here as you may want to have some copies of his magazine available for your customers. His
    series on how to appreciate,read and select tosai by tatsuo Ozawa is truely invaluable! It's on going and worth it's weight in gold!

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Welcome! Look forward to learning more about koikeeping in Germany.
    Are you interested in something special?

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow
    We do disagree ocassionally and have different ways of seeing things but it is an exceptional group!
    Yes, to have differnet ways of seeing are very usefull, but in the German Forum, are often arrogant useres, which doen't discuss by exchanging arguments, there is lot of personal antipathy...

Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow
    I hope you'll consider chatting with the publisher of the magazine here as you may want to have some copies of his magazine available for your customers. His
    series on how to appreciate,read and select tosai by tatsuo Ozawa is truely invaluable! It's on going and worth it's weight in gold!
    Yes I'm interesseted in ordering the Koi-Bito Magazin!

In which edition can I find the this artical about selsct tosai?

Regards NM

Post Thanks / Like
    Gutentag Heer NM, (Do you have a name?)

Welcome aboard koi-bito. There is indeed a very high level of knowledge to be had here. That's my feeling at least.

I know what you mean about the state-of-mind on the local European boards. I spent some time on the board of the Dutch repersentive of the ZNA and became quite weary after defending myself to all the people with wrong/ out-of-date ideas. They were all making new plans for plant filters, gravel filters and so forth. I got so tired of all the work it took to convince people I just gave up. Sad really. All those newbie experts without a clue

It's nice to find a place where you can talk about things that matter instead of rehashing all the subjects people should understand before they even buy fish.

Herzliche Willkommen

Post Thanks / Like
    Issues 6 and 7 have the tosai articles in them. On this web is a place to subscribe. I know you and your customers will get a lot out of the articles.
    hope the fact that it's in english will not be a problem. From the sounds of things we can get B scott to translate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dick,

My German is ok but not THAT good.
    The reason I took it as a class in jr high school was so I could understand the German bits in Hogans Heros and the war films we used to watch. Little did I know that most of it was actors who could hardly pronounce it properly!

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ B. Scott:

My Name is Nico, thanks for the few german words.

Yes the newbie experts are an other "problem" in german forum.
    They started reading books or asking other koi-keepers, until they have ill Koi in their ponds...

@ Dick

The Koi-Bito Magazin written in English isn't a problem for me..maybe for some customers...
    I think there are a lot of Germans, who wouldn't be able to read a Mag in Englisch, others aren't interessted in read a Mag in an other language, because they would enjoy reading, not looking for some vocabulary...

But, I think I will be able to report the contents of the Koi-Bito Mags.

I think I contact the publisher to clarify some details, like prices in Euro, dates of delivery, start of the subsciption...

So now I'm goinig to a christmas fair.

Regards Nico

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Scott (maybe the horns can grind a bit in me now)

“wrong/ out-of-date ideas” OOPS “plant filters”

I guess abut 1/3 of us are doomed then. Her are my long-time dreamer:

Completely controlled environment around pond at all time, Norway = built in. Almost no space for rambling around just small confined well located dwelling places. Almost all off pond turnover up after filter units to 2-2.5 m where gravity and mans fantasy brings it back to short end of pond. Re-entry to pond over low but “big” waterfall.

In between a guessilloon off watercourses with plants (green wall syndrome). Under jungle walls at levelled with main waterfall collection watercourse that also feed waterfall. Inside this set-up and no more DOC and low O2.

Why are I not there yet – well same downside as a BS. Water – air, temperature converting and pump configuration. I’m I going yesSiry , every year one step closer. Hope this can bring about a nice mental picture, if not I’m sorry for my poor way around with words.
    Tone - Truls -Petter
    Vogata NI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast