Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for 10,000 posts!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thank you for 10,000 posts!

I'd just like to take a brief moment to thank all of you that participate in the KB forum. There's 3 individuals that have been especially active since the board has come into existence, and without naming them by name (whisper: Dick, Mike, Tony) I'd like to offer up my appreciation to them for consistently contributing to this board for nothing more than sheer love of the hobby.

Everyone who participates makes this board what it is, and I'm glad to see we've passed the 10,000 post mark (actually 16,000 if you include the 6,000 plus posts lost when I went to a database-driven board instead of a file-based one) and I know that this is only the beginning of more great things to come.

We may not have the highest number of posts when compared to others, but I'd like to think that we have both a width and breadth that's hard to match elsewhere, and will continue to develop over time. Being called "Deadwood II" is a compliment when I review and compare posts between this board and others.

Thanks again folks, and keep it up.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    I know i can speak for the entire board when i say our thanks are for providing us an opportunity to exhange information. Not only can one learn here but it's a
    wonderful place to meet people from around the world. Your magazine has continued to provide inspiration and information and we thank-you for the publication end of your effort, as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian, it's always fun to share info with others and it's been a pleasure meeting some of the people on the board in person as well. "Deadwood II", no i don't so. The person that made that comment about this board is just stupid. He's probably some rich guy who has alot of money to throw around, buying expensive "over the hill koi" and starting a website after his name. I wonder who? Well anyways, Brian keep up the good work!!!
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Brian, I would like to say since coming to this forum I have found that their are members here that are very good and experienced at what they do and for another board for imformative information you can not find a better place. Most of the members that post on this forum are very helpful and can pass along more knowledge than most. I am glad that we do not have tons of off the wall post like alot of the other forums. For emample comments NICE POND or NICE KOI and leave it at that, nothing to help the person with the koi just post that you dont need. I fill lucky to have found a fourm with some of the best higher end people that can help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to you Brian! and Thanks to Dick, Tony and Mike as well. Just like a koi pond its all about quality not quantity!!!!

Thanks again, Joe

PS hope to see you at the auction!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, Tony. Not quite fair. Let's just say the style of this board does not meet the needs of everyone.

Actually, back when the "deadwood" comment was made on another board a few weeks ago, it got me thinking about how different the "atmospheres" of the various koi boards are. I peruse several from time to time, but I find it takes too much time to get to real substance on some boards where the regular community feels compelled to post pages of non-substantive replies and "attaboys" to every thread. But, it is what makes those boards special to their regulars. Then there are the boards that have folks designated to start new threads daily and even multiple times per day just to keep the volume going. The contrived spontaneity does not appeal to me, but there can be great insights if you have the time to wade through them.

Obviously, I enjoy this board. The international flavor and the emphasis on breeding and breeders stand out. And, it is great to have Brian chime in with news from Japan. I don't think there can be a perfect board, because "perfection" is in the eye of the beholder. Everybody looks for something different. ...One thing I'd like to see is a Japanese koikeeper join in with the insights only they could bring. They would have to be very patient with us, but it would be nice.

Thanks, Brian, for making this forum available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Attaboy Brian! (Had to say it b4 someone else did. ) This is a great board, as you all well know. Congrats on the whole "atmosphere" and quality of this board, and your magazine.
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quality site with quality posts what more can i say

Gazza

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike your right, but I found out things about that board and the people behind it, that made me tell them to delete me from it. Most definitely not every board is for everyone...but the way I was treated over there made me leave even if I was there rarely. JR, keokoi, nancy and you are the only people I respect from that board..Well enough of that "other" board..they are not worth talking about here...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Ah, Tony. Not quite fair. Let's just say the style of this board does not meet the needs of everyone.

Actually, back when the "deadwood" comment was made on another board a few weeks ago, it got me thinking about how different the "atmospheres" of the various koi boards are. I peruse several from time to time, but I find it takes too much time to get to real substance on some boards where the regular community feels compelled to post pages of non-substantive replies and "attaboys" to every thread. But, it is what makes those boards special to their regulars. Then there are the boards that have folks designated to start new threads daily and even multiple times per day just to keep the volume going. The contrived spontaneity does not appeal to me, but there can be great insights if you have the time to wade through them.

Obviously, I enjoy this board. The international flavor and the emphasis on breeding and breeders stand out. And, it is great to have Brian chime in with news from Japan. I don't think there can be a perfect board, because "perfection" is in the eye of the beholder. Everybody looks for something different. ...One thing I'd like to see is a Japanese koikeeper join in with the insights only they could bring. They would have to be very patient with us, but it would be nice.

Thanks, Brian, for making this forum available.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up No ... Thank you !!!

Brian ~ thank you for creating the site. You have not only allowed for an avenue for us to communicate and share ideas through; you've created new friendships. So again, thanks for everything...

Erwin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast