Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: KHV charity donations

Thumbs up KHV charity donations

I hope Brian doesnt mind me posting this on here, but it may interest many of you.

Another forum has very recently decided to support a charity and the decision was made to support KHV research. The money generated from auctions/donations/etc via the forum would be passed onto the US's AKCA, which is was felt was best prepared and ahead of others in looking for a cure/vaccination/etc (hope I've got that fully accurate!).

A week into this, we get the news of Momotaro's issues, dreadful news, but an honest approach by them.

Many of you based in the US may already be involved via the AKCA, so I apologise for posting this. But if anyone else feels they would like to contribute to a cause which could affect us all in some way, there is a link below. Duncan Griffiths is behind all of this, so no-one will run away with anyones' money - just in case you did wonder. The link will take you to PayPal, if you do not have a PayPal account, just follow the instructions and it is simple to set up. You will get a PayPal message to say you have paid etc.

http://www.koiquest.co.uk/thanks.htm

Thank you
    Last edited by Bob Hart; 10-09-2005 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Cant spell the name Brian!
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{> ><{{{{> ><{{{{>
    <}}}}>< <}}}}><

I believe most of us here already involved in helping KHV AKCA project thru
    local clubs or other venues.

How about driving a Koi-Bito KHV support here? Any comments/suggestion?

Best regards,
    --Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hart
    I hope Brian doesnt mind me posting this on here, but it may interest many of you.

Another forum has very recently decided to support a charity and the decision was made to support KHV research. The money generated from auctions/donations/etc via the forum would be passed onto the US's AKCA, which is was felt was best prepared and ahead of others in looking for a cure/vaccination/etc (hope I've got that fully accurate!).

A week into this, we get the news of Momotaro's issues, dreadful news, but an honest approach by them.

Many of you based in the US may already be involved via the AKCA, so I apologise for posting this. But if anyone else feels they would like to contribute to a cause which could affect us all in some way, there is a link below. Duncan Griffiths is behind all of this, so no-one will run away with anyones' money - just in case you did wonder. The link will take you to PayPal, if you do not have a PayPal account, just follow the instructions and it is simple to set up. You will get a PayPal message to say you have paid etc.

http://www.koiquest.co.uk/thanks.htm

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dinh
    I believe most of us here already involved in helping KHV AKCA project thru
    local clubs or other venues.

How about driving a Koi-Bito KHV support here? Any comments/suggestion?

Best regards,
    --Dinh
    I'm more than willing. Those collecting donations in an offical capacity, please PM me so that we can get setup to start taking them through the KB site as well.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Brian
    I'm more than willing. Those collecting donations in an offical capacity, please PM me so that we can get setup to start taking them through the KB site as well.
    Thanks Brian for willing to support this. I have some ideas such as cash donations as well as koi or koi related items auction for donations. Since KB already has the koi auction site, KB members can donate their koi/koi related items thru KB auction site. The bidding winners pay directly to KB administrator and so on.... I will PM you later for more details.

Thanks,
    --Dinh