Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Water Gardens and Kodama Koi Farm Pair Up /Merged Thread

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like

Count me in

Hello Nancy,

Count me in! I'll be there. I would absolutey LOVE to meet all of you. You guys can "whip me into shape"! Any kind of dinner party planned? Is there a pond tour? If not, can we organize a private tour? Can I wear a tie?

Also, yes, I'm interested in having a booth. I'll do it in partnerhsip with a dealer we have in Redlands, CA. Eric Triplett of Exotic Aquatics. He's a "recovering Aquascaper" that has been safely pulled from a porta-pottie.

Send me all the information I need to get the ball rolling. Is it at the same place in Del Mar like last year? I'll bring my golf clubs just in case.

Sincerely,
    John Russell
    Last edited by John Russell; 12-07-2006 at 08:47 PM. Reason: text

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Russell View Post
    Hello Nancy,

Count me in! I'll be there. I would absolutey LOVE to meet all of you. You guys can "whip me into shape"! Any kind of dinner party planned? Is there a pond tour? If not, can we organize a private tour? Can I wear a tie?

Also, yes, I'm interested in having a booth. I'll do it in partnerhsip with a dealer we have in Redlands, CA. Eric Triplett of Exotic Aquatics. He's a "recovering Aquascaper" that has been safely pulled from a porta-pottie.

Send me all the information I need to get the ball rolling. Is it at the same place in Del Mar like last year? I'll bring my golf clubs just in case.

Sincerely,
    John Russell
    John
    Delmar is the koi club of San Diego AKCA club. This is ZNA So CAl, show location is in Gardena Ca, it is about 20 minutes from LAX. What is your email address? I will email you the vendor packet.

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like

email

Hi Nancy,

My email address is [email protected]

Last time I was in that area I played Trump International Golf Course on the coast above Long Beach. I'll have to give myself a re-match.

Looking foward to meeting you.
    Sincerely,
    John Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John Russell View Post
    Hi Nancy,

My email address is [email protected]

Last time I was in that area I played Trump International Golf Course on the coast above Long Beach. I'll have to give myself a re-match.

Looking foward to meeting you.
    Sincerely,
    John Russell
    John
    You should have the package, please send in your paper work soon, as spaces are almost sold out.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Nancy . . .

just thought you might be interested in seeing these recent posts by Mr. Russell from his IPPCA Board posts-- especially so since you just sent him a vendor packet for the ZNA SoCal show.

THIS is why the partnership of Russell Watergardens and Kodama Koi Farm is so important and industry changing!

In truth, a "koi pond" is really any body of water with koi living in it - the same holds true for goldfish, trout, salmon, talapia......and on and on. Koi can, and do live in "water gardens" with rocks, plants etc. A koi pond can have rocks and goldfish in it. There are SO many overlaps that education in koi "keeping" is the key to keeping lawyers out of the picture.

Russell Watergardens/Kodama Koi Farm is the key to bridging the gap between the koi and water gardening industries.

Each Russell Watergarden Store across the United States will be "education centers" for contractors, homeowners, hobbiests, water garden clubs, and koi clubs. The purpose is to get EVERYONE on the same page so that lawyers won't have anything to do.

also:

Russell Watergardens will be organizing a "Build-a-Pond-Day" in Hawaii - sometime between now and next spring - to do just that. We will be building Mr. Kodama a rock & gravel pond using our Hydro Vortex filters and Hydro Dynamax submersible pumps with no bottom drain, a No-rock & gravel pond using our Hydro Bead Vortex pressure filters and Hydro Centrimax centrifugal pumps and a bottom drain, and a Hybrid pond using both formats.

Of course, each of these ponds will be stocked with Kodama Koi Farm Nishikigoi.

http://www.ippca.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...t=674&start=60

After reading his definition of "koi pond" I have got to wonder whether Kodama-san knows/agrees?
    Last edited by KoiCop; 12-11-2006 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Edited in the missing word "posts."
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Kodama knows there are multiple types of ponds

Hello Don,

Thanks for keeping this thread in the forefront.

Yes, Mr. Kodama knows the differences between a rock-&-gravel Hybrid pond and a non-rock-&-gravel koi pond. So do I for that matter. Since you won't even consider that a Hybrid pond can be a viable alternative to the traditional rock-&-gravel pond for koi keeping, I won't talk about Hybrid ponds on this particular post. I will talk about the koi pond we intend to build for Mr. Kodama.

It will feature a depth 3x deeper than the longest koi Mr. Kodama intends to put in the pond. The pond will feature our bead filters spec'ed to handle the total waste load produced by the koi Mr. Kodama intends to put in the pond. The koi pond will feature no rock, no gravel, and no aquatic plants. It will feature "straight-down-sides", bottom drain(s), a skimmer/settling chamber, centrifugal pump(s), circulation jets, submerged aeration, and either a waterfall, fountain, or Hydro Column to break the pond's surface tension and to add addtional aeration and decoration.

What part of this isn't considered a "koi pond"?

Bringing all sides of a debate to the table for civil discussion is the way of the future for the koi and water gardening industries. RWG/KKF brings togetherness, mutual respect, and a forum for open discussion that will improve both industries. I don't understand your contempt for such a positive union - when it is obvious to the vast majority that only good things can come from it.

Also, on a side note, thank you for the information on Nitrospira. I found the information very interesting - and I'm going to test the product. Do you have any test results from using this product that you could share?

Thanks so much everyone.
    Sincerely,
    John Russell
    President/CEO Russell Watergardens

p.s. The IPPCA is not "Russell Watergardens' IPPCA forum". Russell Watergardens is a sponsor of the site, not an owner or moderator. The IPPCA is a forum created by, and for contractors that all manufacturers and pond owners can participate in. I post there, and respond to posts there - just like I do here. Open discussions with open minds does more to help the industry(s) move forward than closed discussions with closed minds. IPPCA gives everyone a voice. Don, you are invited to share your ideas, philosophies, and concepts on the IPPCA site. You will be treated with respect.
    Last edited by John Russell; 12-11-2006 at 04:08 PM. Reason: text

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Russell . . .

the question isn't whether (as you said here on KB) "Mr. Kodama knows there are multiple types of ponds," the question is whether Mr. Kodama knows (as you said on the IPPCA board) that "a koi pond is really any body of water with koi living in it."

I would agree with the former; I would not agree with the latter.
    Don Chandler

Honmei
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a few emails and PMs about that thread over there as well. Seems like Keith Berland is up to some of his old tricks as well. I offered to publish an article on ponds in KOI USA if he wrote one, with the stipulation that I get to offer any counter points if needed. He's never taken me up on the offer and instead decides to offer his "opinions" in a water garden forum. I don't post on watergarden forums about Koi or Koi ponds. Funny how the opposite isn't true.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Russell . . .

whoops, forgot to address this from your last:

Quote Originally Posted by John Russell
    Also, on a side note, thank you for the information on Nitrospira. I found the information very interesting - and I'm going to test the product. Do you have any test results from using this product that you could share?
    Sorry, we've no experience with the product. We've mature biofiltration on our pond and (at least here in SoCal) have not found the need. Knock on wood.

Also, I left out a word in my first sentence above; it should have read "these recent posts by Mr. Russell from his IPPCA Board posts." I stand corrected.
    Don Chandler

Honmei
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I just thought I would ask, is there anything new happening in the world of watergardens????

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast