Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Thanks for the help from some people ......... not many

  1. #1
    Tosai GoN3cRzY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    10

    Thanks for the help from some people ......... not many

    I thought joining this forum would help me but i get the feeling its like there no one to help you at all even a post up of a simple question looking for a simple answer back but you get all these other non-sense question ask back to you. before i didn't know this is what happen when your a new koi keeper. well my 3 koi fish doing ok now to the help of 2 people that reply back to my post that i had question about.

    1st post- shusui (fatty) is doing ok kind of hit the rock on its tip and made a white area before but know its going away and turning back to normal slow.

    2nd post- about the uv light. went and got a 18w UV to control the good water took about 3 days for it to be clean again so i can see the fish.

    so for now i have about 3 koi in there. so i think i go for one more and im good for the summer.

  2. #2
    Honmei
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Martinez,CA
    Posts
    4,611
    Quote Originally Posted by GoN3cRzY View Post
    I thought joining this forum would help me but i get the feeling its like there no one to help you at all even a post up of a simple question looking for a simple answer back but you get all these other non-sense question ask back to you. before i didn't know this is what happen when your a new koi keeper. well my 3 koi fish doing ok now to the help of 2 people that reply back to my post that i had question about.

    1st post- shusui (fatty) is doing ok kind of hit the rock on its tip and made a white area before but know its going away and turning back to normal slow.

    2nd post- about the uv light. went and got a 18w UV to control the good water took about 3 days for it to be clean again so i can see the fish.

    so for now i have about 3 koi in there. so i think i go for one more and im good for the summer.
    I hope this won't keep you from posting in the future. This is a great site with a lot of knowledgeable people.

  3. #3
    Daihonmei aquitori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NorCal Biotch!!!
    Posts
    9,135
    Sorry we couldnt be more help to you. We are visual people and if you post pics of your problems maybe we can help you out a bit more.

    I know some of us here are curious about this 5 foot tall turtle island you have in your pond, do you have pics of that?
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

  4. #4
    Tosai GoN3cRzY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    10
    its not even 5ft its like a visual es. of the rocks people are so out of hand when it come to this but its ok. well eveything in my pond is doing ok all i need was some water change and my shusui is good now the mark is going away slow but its still visual when you actually look into it.


    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Sorry we couldnt be more help to you. We are visual people and if you post pics of your problems maybe we can help you out a bit more.

    I know some of us here are curious about this 5 foot tall turtle island you have in your pond, do you have pics of that?

  5. #5
    Tosai GoN3cRzY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by GoN3cRzY View Post
    its not even 5ft its like a visual es. of the rocks people are so out of hand when it come to this but its ok. well eveything in my pond is doing ok all i need was some water change and my shusui is good now the mark is going away slow but its still visual when you actually look into it.
    im not like mad or anything its just i feel as thou that if a person ask a simple question about a fish and tell them what happen then stick to the question how can a question become another question and lead off to a diff topic of the first question. you understand? so thats how i think of it and how i feel a question should be asnwer without asking a question about something else leading to another thing.

  6. #6
    Jumbo carrie1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by GoN3cRzY View Post
    im not like mad or anything its just i feel as thou that if a person ask a simple question about a fish and tell them what happen then stick to the question how can a question become another question and lead off to a diff topic of the first question. you understand? so thats how i think of it and how i feel a question should be asnwer without asking a question about something else leading to another thing.

    Well,
    Sometimes , people may need more information to help you with your problem.

  7. #7
    Oyagoi gcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Falls, WA
    Posts
    1,620
    Not only what Carrie said. Even though this is the internet, these are real people and they're doing it for free...

    If you followed a mechanic home, parked across the street from him and just walked up as he was getting out of his car and said - "My car hit a bump, now when I drive it makes this funny noise" What do you think his response would be?

    Even if he didn't tell you off, he's more than likely to ask, what kind of car? How old? Maintenance schedule? How long? and the list goes on....

    Tough to take a demanding stance when you're hoping to solicit help for free from complete strangers....

    Grant

  8. #8
    Sansai Tamianth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    237
    I have to agree with folks here on this. Generally the more info you tell, the easier it is to eliminate & rule things out. Like painting a picture for the rest to see. However, it will bring up Q's to help narrow it down. So many things can be similar, especially when diagnosing. There's also the fact that it does little good to treat a fish for the ill if the cause is still there. It may seem like being nosey, but everything has to be looked at. As I've seen mentioned & said by others, you wouldn't want your DR. treating you for one thing when it may be more seriouse. A good analogy MO!

    Make sense?
    ~Kathy

  9. #9
    I'm giving 3 to 1 that... hmmm... nevermind!

  10. #10
    Oyagoi gcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Falls, WA
    Posts
    1,620
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticKoi View Post
    I'm giving 3 to 1 that... hmmm... nevermind!
    uhh, I'll take some of that action...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Local people
    By koifishgirl in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 09:26 PM
  2. Larry, Oklahoma people
    By kntry in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 10:39 AM
  3. People what do you think about the Shiro grow out so far?
    By Seefdro Tvneik in forum Koi Grow Out
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 04:34 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 11:11 PM
  5. Looking for Hawaii Koi People.
    By Akai-San in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 05:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com