Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any body attend csulb koi auction?????

Jumbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Junichi-san, those are some very nice D' showas. I wonder if we will ever see this quality of showas here in the States.
    Lam-san, That is a difficult question for me. it could be possible but very difficult.......
    a part of quality = Yes, but filled with a mixture of all qualities plus bone structure and pattern = maybe No,

As far as I know, they are a bit different. there are only several exclusive dealers in there who have a strong relationship of mutual trust with them can get their first class. "money" alone does not function well since good ones are very few and too many people wish to have.... .

I will send a pm for a thanksgiving gift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kindai View Post
    Lam-san, That is a difficult question for me. it could be possible but very difficult.......
    a part of quality = Yes, but filled with a mixture of all qualities plus bone structure and pattern = maybe No,

As far as I know, they are a bit different. there are only several exclusive dealers in there who have a strong relationship of mutual trust with them can get their first class. "money" alone does not function well since good ones are very few and too many people wish to have.... .

Junichi,
    I believe what you stated is true. It's not just the money. I know a couple of people who waited for at least three years to get a D showa. I was offered one early this year before they went to the mud pond. Now I feel bad because it may take another year before I can get my hands or be offered those high quality showa. Not everyone gets to see their very best. When I say it's the best. Itis the best.
    Michael

Honmei
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the heart of the issue, since there are only a few of the best, they can get what ever they want for the money side of it. What seems to be more important, to breeders of this quality, is who gets the Koi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    This is the heart of the issue, since there are only a few of the best, they can get what ever they want for the money side of it. What seems to be more important, to breeders of this quality, is who gets the Koi.
    Russ,
    You are right. But not all of it is about the money. The breeder and dealer relationship is what really counts. Their are only a few who can purchase high end fish and even see the koi in person. The breeder also gauges the dealer if he has vested enough time into the hobby. again patience is a virtue.
    Michael

Honmei
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gspotmc View Post
    Russ,
    You are right. But not all of it is about the money. The breeder and dealer relationship is what really counts. Their are only a few who can purchase high end fish and even see the koi in person. The breeder also gauges the dealer if he has vested enough time into the hobby. again patience is a virtue.
    Michael
    Michael, you are very wise.

Jumbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gspotmc View Post
    Junichi,
    I believe what you stated is true. It's not just the money. I know a couple of people who waited for at least three years to get a D showa. I was offered one early this year before they went to the mud pond. Now I feel bad because it may take another year before I can get my hands or be offered those high quality showa. Not everyone gets to see their very best. When I say it's the best. Itis the best.
    Michael
    I will send a pm to you too, enjoy the best ones............

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    Michael, you are very wise.
    Maybe.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will send a pm to you too, enjoy the best ones............
    Thanks Junichi. I like the nisai showa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Michael, isn't Junichi-san's Thanksgiving present great?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
    Michael, isn't Junichi-san's Thanksgiving present great?!
    vERY NICE INDEED.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123