Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 1 year old home bred

  1. #1
    Sansai brianrichman6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like

    1 year old home bred

    https://youtu.be/cU8CbM1CONo

    https://youtu.be/22tITUV1CiA

    these are my keepers I homebred and raised for the last 6 months in 2500 gallons

  2. Likes Brian liked this post
  3. #2
    Daihonmei MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    11,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Brian.

    The Doitsu Showa in the first video is one of the best you have produced. Definitely one many would like in their pond. You should be proud of your accomplishment.

  4. #3
    Sansai brianrichman6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Hey, Brian.

    The Doitsu Showa in the first video is one of the best you have produced. Definitely one many would like in their pond. You should be proud of your accomplishment.
    thanks it’s amazing how lucky I got on this , I bred 2 male doitsu and a beni kumonryu with my Hiroi female and this was the only one that looked like this, now I know why good koi are expensive

  5. #4
    Daihonmei MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    11,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that you mention using Beni Kumonryu, I see the tendency of the sumi toward a lateral orientation. Jos Alben at Yoshikigoi in Poland has used Beni Kumonryu in his Showa breeding. If I recall correctly, it started off as a wild-assed experiment, but there were offspring with better sumi than he was getting with 'pure' Showa. Although his metallics are what he is best known for, there are a lot of photos floating around of Showa he produced with impressive sumi.

  6. #5
    Sansai brianrichman6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Now that you mention using Beni Kumonryu, I see the tendency of the sumi toward a lateral orientation. Jos Alben at Yoshikigoi in Poland has used Beni Kumonryu in his Showa breeding. If I recall correctly, it started off as a wild-assed experiment, but there were offspring with better sumi than he was getting with 'pure' Showa. Although his metallics are what he is best known for, there are a lot of photos floating around of Showa he produced with impressive sumi.
    Here’s a link to a bunch of videos and pictures of my 1 and 2 year olds
    https://www.facebook.com/1119146254/...146254&sfns=mo

  7. #6
    Fry
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one you have grown in the initial video seems to be amazing and is the best one.

  8. #7
    Sansai brianrichman6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoptsy View Post
    The one you have grown in the initial video seems to be amazing and is the best one.
    Now 1.5 years old and 16 inches https://youtu.be/Yn4V-vFhe-Y https://youtu.be/XjEUP9cOvUI

  9. #8
    Daihonmei MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    11,285
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good! ...Love her head.

Similar Threads

  1. 1 year olds home bred
    By brianrichman6 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 11:18 AM
  2. Home Bred Kohakus
    By oldslugger in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 10:15 PM
  3. Home bred sanke
    By AWL in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-01-2011, 12:06 PM
  4. Home Bred Matsukawabake
    By mrbradleybradley in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 04:14 AM
  5. not bad for home bred
    By brianrichman6 in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com